RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
I miss the days when there was someone who knew dogs doing the commenting.
I am very appreciative of the blog and the people that spend extremely long days writing notes about each dog and posting for us to see and read. It’s always been my understanding that blog is intentionally watered down and I’m fine with that because I know it.
But I am very grateful that people still spend the time to do it. Keeps me very interested in a sport I love.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am very appreciative of the blog and the people that spend extremely long days writing notes about each dog and posting for us to see and read. It’s always been my understanding that blog is intentionally watered down and I’m fine with that because I know it.
But I am very grateful that people still spend the time to do it. Keeps me very interested in a sport I love.
I totally agree. I’m gonna miss hitting refresh throughout the day.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I totally agree. I’m gonna miss hitting refresh throughout the day.
I've tried to get Verizon to change my "senior citizen" data plan to give me more data in November and June, but no dice!!!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Dennis, was the dog who won the one you had in mind?
Maybe, but I know better than to answer that for future bloggers! I did say “we know better than that!” However, I do appreciate the hard work done by the reporters. I did it for several years for the Canadian Nationals. There is little question the descriptions are not only conservative, but nothing like being there. And only the judges have all the real data! It really challenges the value of the dog blow by blow accounts as opposed to really good test analysis and descriptions of how the test changes and affects the dogs and handling. There was some of that in the past but it was considered biased to those yet to run, so has been curtailed also! Rock and Hard places!

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
This from a friend who is there
the photographer’s camera started clicking. Luke became interested in it and didn’t see the left retired or flyer.
This is actually incorrect. There was interference, but it was not the photographer. They did ask him if he was taking pictures, but he was not. I am 100% positive of that. I was there. The photographer puts a lot of effort into concealing himself and takes pride in it. I just don’t want incorrect information getting out.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Congratulation Alvin and Luke.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
This from a friend who is there
the photographer’s camera started clicking. Luke became interested in it and didn’t see the left retired or flyer.
I'm wondering why a digital camera that "clicks" is allowed any where near the line?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I'm wondering why a digital camera that "clicks" is allowed any where near the line?
Being the cameraman didn’t distract any dog over ten series it is anon issue. Most of his pictures are on the return. Mark runs dogs and knows when not to photograph.

Reactions: Tobias

·
Registered
8,654 Posts
In my 3 hour shift, i only saw 1 dog truly nail the test. And he won! So exciting to finally get to see the big show!

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
In my 3 hour shift, i only saw 1 dog truly nail the test. And he won! So exciting to finally get to see the big show!
He was the only one to drill the 8th as well.

Reactions: 2tall

·
Registered
8,654 Posts

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Bubba, appreciation for your being there throughout - and both appreciation and gratitude for your "being there" in official capacit(ies) for NFCs to come. Sammie's not on here, but to her, too, a chorus of "For she's a jolly good lass" from the NRC.

MG

121 - 139 of 139 Posts