RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 397 Posts

·
Registered
10,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checked on entries and this is the third dog entered, DOB 2/11/2021 and the handler is a pro….
Starlight Luckys Reggie Love William AcostaPaul Cacciatori (P
Obviously someone made a serious mistake entering a Derby for $350…🤔

• Wow
Reactions: swampcollielover

·
Registered
129 Posts
New handler made a mistake on EE? It is a junker of an antique website. I recently signed up my future show dog Terrier on a show dog entry service. Took me less than 5 minutes, I added my pro handler as an account user and he entered her in dog shows the next day. It was a refreshing change of an entry website.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Well, I don't know the top 20-25 dogs because I only know a handful of the dogs running. But one way to look at it is "total AA points" by the entrants. I sorted the below chart by total all-age points.

Obviously age plays a factor into total AA points but I still thought this was a fun way to look at the entries. Sorted this way, of the top 25 dogs, most dogs are 8+ and there are 4 dogs that are 6 years old and one dog that is 5.5 years old. Just thought it was interesting to look at. Enjoy.

Font Parallel Rectangle Screenshot Art

·
Registered
10,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I don't know the top 20-25 dogs because I only know a handful of the dogs running. But one way to look at it is "total AA points" by the entrants. I sorted the below chart by total all-age points.

Obviously age plays a factor into total AA points but I still thought this was a fun way to look at the entries. Sorted this way, of the top 25 dogs, most dogs are 8+ and there are 4 dogs that are 6 years old and one dog that is 5.5 years old. Just thought it was interesting to look at. Enjoy.

View attachment 89741
A good start, now see how many of those have been Natl Am finalists or Open finalists with an Amateur handler.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
A good start, now see how many of those have been Natl Am finalists or Open finalists with an Amateur handler.
dog 11 --- a finalist at both and also completely amateur handled and trained (well, he does train with Wayne Curtis, so there is that! LOL!!) Not sure of others, I only know about his stats because I have used him twice as a stud dog.

·
Registered
10,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
there are two NFCs and two NAFCs in the field

Reactions: Tobias

·
Registered
816 Posts
hmmm, that would be fun to know but not sure I could find all that info accurately. At least not in a timely manner.

Off the top of my head I know some of the 2022 NARC handlers are previous winners and/or finalists of a National Open or National AM (some people are multiple time finalists). See below of winners and known finalists...I don't know all of the people entered and their records in National Events, so my apologies if I missed someone, it is not intentional...

Delma Hazzard - 1981 NARC win
Alex Washburn 2016 NARC
Charlie Hines - 2016 NFC winner
Mark Medford - 2017 NRC win
Lauren Hays - 2019 NRC Win
Doreen Comrie-bristol - 2021 NARC win
Alvin Hatcher - 2021 NFC winner
Johnny Armstrong
Robby Bickley
Sylvia McClure
Wayne Carey
Jeff Schuett
Joel Harris
Andy Kahn
Joe Couey

·
Registered
10,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hmmm, that would be fun to know but not sure I could find all that info accurately. At least not in a timely manner.

Off the top of my head I know some of the 2022 NARC handlers are previous winners and/or finalists of a National Open or National AM (some people are multiple time finalists). See below of winners and known finalists...I don't know all of the people entered and their records in National Events, so my apologies if I missed someone, it is not intentional...

Delma Hazzard - 1981 NARC win
Alex Washburn 2016 NARC
Charlie Hines - 2016 NFC winner
Mark Medford - 2017 NRC win
Lauren Hays - 2019 NRC Win
Doreen Comrie-bristol - 2021 NARC win
Alvin Hatcher - 2021 NFC winner
Johnny Armstrong
Robby Bickley
Sylvia McClure
Wayne Carey
Jeff Schuett
Joel Harris
Andy Kahn
Joe Couey
Suzan Caire
Charlie Hines
Breck Howard
Bill Fruehling
Jim Powers
but this has become a handler’s list not a dog list, previous success as a handler does not insure current or future success
It’s More About the Horse than the Jockey regards…

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
The 2022 NARC event is about to happen !
My 2 teams came up short meaning we didn’t qualify. We had the points but not the win. If we had qualified we would have gone as life is short and the dogs life’s are shorter. But enough.
We have many friends there with talented animals. We hope all your marks are front footed and the blinds are lined . I m excited for each one of u guys so “ kick that can smartly “
Take in those moments !
Dave and Marty

·
Registered
839 Posts

View attachment 89742
Interesting list, thanks for sharing.
I'm sort of surprised that Tucker isn't running as he would be 2nd on your list
He's qualified at 11 years old and still running well and still winning/placing regularly
Good luck and congratulations to all the dog teams there

1 - 20 of 397 Posts