RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our son is hoping we can change his eating habit of growling and now biting :( He has a baby on the way too. I am hoping with a new environment and feeding cycle, although his active hunting will slow down, he can shake his aggression.... does anyone see this change to be a worsening choice for the dog?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
And even if it is addressed, NEVER trust the dog around the child.
Definitely. NO question about that!
This is an issue that needs to be addressed immediately.
GOP doesn't say how old the dog is but he is old enough to go hunting so I suspect this behavior may have been tolerated for s while and as such may be somewhat ingrained in the dog... making it less likely to be confident in a cure

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Definitely. NO question about that!
This is an issue that needs to be addressed immediately.
GOP doesn't say how old the dog is but he is old enough to go hunting so I suspect this behavior may have been tolerated for s while and as such may be somewhat ingrained in the dog... making it less likely to be confident in a cure
He is seeking professional behavioral help. No little ones and we are hopeful

·
Registered
138 Posts
"I am hoping with a new environment and feeding cycle, although his active hunting will slow down, he can shake his aggression...". You imply the dog wants to shake his agression. Why would he? It's worked well for him so far. Why would a new environment and feeding cycle help? You may be hoping, but that won't do it. When the dog shows agression, he needs to be disciplined so he understands that something very unpleasant happens when he growls or bites. If you can't or won't do this, have the dog euthanized. Unfortunately, it's difficult to change this behavior once it becomes ingrained. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts