RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 3 year old Yellow male will pants CONSTANTLY around my girlfriend. She is not new to him we have been together since we got him at 6 weeks. But when she is staying at the house he will CONSTANTLY pant and at some points drool on her. Occasionally he will cough like he is trying to cough up a hairball. Don't really know what to make of this.

I also know someone on here had a thread about this in an older dog but he doesn't do it around me ever nor to my roommates. Its just around Lindsey.

Thanks,

Pierce.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Does your girlfriend wear perfume? or perfumed deodorant or lotion? I had an issue with one of my labs, I quit wearing the scented stuff and he no longer pants and drools around me. I think like people, some of them are sensitive to different smells. I would even think about changing laundry detergent.
Just a possibility.

Earlene

ps beware of the responses from /paul and bubba on this one :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mean I figured that I would get some "responses" that were kind of on the humorous side. But I cant totally discount them as being false either I don't really know what to make of it. Yes she does where perfume but I don't know if that's it and if the perfume thing is what the problem is I guess I'll just have a dog who pants all of the time.

The other thing is if we are in the bed like watching a movie or something he like will get up on the side of the bed and lean over her the whole time and if I don't monitor him he will literally sit on top of her. I gets exhausting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts