RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
We use it. Never been recalled since we've been using it for 2 years. Dogs eat less than the lower quality food we were feeding. It has several ingredients that high quality, more expensive foods have. We use the performance formula for the adults and also use the puppy food. Their coats and energy levels are good. No problems with it here.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've been feeding it for about three months now. It's ok I guess, The dogs look good and seem to eat it ok. But if the price gets much higher I'll probably look for something else.

·
Registered
778 Posts
My boy did well on it, but i've got cold feet with Diamond since the recall so I've switched.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here is a good site for checking out dog foods.
http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/

Even the best foods are subject to a recall. So are our foods.

4 Health received a good rating for a Grain based kibble.
http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/4health-dog-food-dry/

Diamond does make 4Health as well as others
They also manufacture under contract, for other companies, at least some of the pet foods sold under these brands or business names.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Anybody tried 4 health dog food from tractor supply?
Yes. My dog lost weight on the so called "Performance" formula, his coat got dull, and his stools stayed very loose for two entire bags. Total garbage, I don't care what the label states.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Just a note the links above is a review on the Adult Food, NOT the Puppy formula which according to the ingredients is much better then the Adult.

My pup has been on the PUPPY formula since he was 7 weeks old.

He's got a beautiful coat, tons of energy and firm stools. His weight increase has been right on schedule and still is. He's lean and muscular.

Great Price for a Great Product BUT!!! I most probably will not transition to 4Health Adult Food. I will most likely move on to ProPlan.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We've been using the Blue Buffaloe Large Breed Puppy and the pups look great! The dam was on the Large Breed Blue and had 13 pups without losing any or any runts. Now some of the pups have runny stools - would you suggest transioning to a different brand.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've used the puppy formula for my two rescue dogs after trying many different brands to put weight on them. They gained weight nicely and looked terrific. Switched them off when the recall hit and they've lost weight. Too bad about the recall.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts