RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Whch team did better on their trip to the UK?

• (a)Lardy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (b)Wildrose

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whch team did better on their trip to the UK?
Lardy or Wildrose, and why do you think so :?:

·
Registered
813 Posts
What would have been more fun is if the Wildrose team would have traveled to England and competed head-to-head with Lardy's Team.

Maybe Justin and Chris A. could figure out how to have a head-to-head challenge with these two teams and air it on ESPN.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Lardy's team(the way I understnd it) took dogs trained for "our" tests and trials and converted them. I think they did pretty darn good for the first trip over there with dogs that have little specific training when compared to their counterparts(the teams they competed against).
The wildrose team, well again, my understanding is that those dogs have been trained for that specific type of test.

Can a comparison even be made? Were the trials comparable?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I think the only way to compare results would be head-to-head. Heck, they could hold a contest AT Wildrose between the Wildrose and Lardy teams. Could be interesting, but beyond curiosity, not of much real value.

Lisa

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
The most interesting thing about having such a competition would be how they would score it :wink: I think most of us already have preconceived notions of who would win :lol:

John

·
Registered
54 Posts
At the end of the day I think the success was that the events happened. No doubt that the Lardy team had to make more adaptations.Would be nice to see more , just for perspective . Personally I'd like to see the Swedish team

Lorne

·
Registered
22 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, wildrose team ended up with 2 first place wins and the lardy team ended up with 1 fourth place. So, if you are going by results the wildrose team did better. Did the lardy team only run one test?

·
Registered
813 Posts
It really matters not to me which did what. However, I am curious if one of our overseas folks could give us some insight to the events that were run.

What level of competition are we talking about? When we speak of a team from Wale's, or Scotland, or wherever, are we talking about the best of the best from these places or just Uncle Joe's team that he put together and they all are from Wale's?

Was one event of "National Caliber" and the other a "backyard demo"?

I guess these would all be interesting to know. The cover doesn't always represent what's inside.

My reference for asking is my brother competed on an All-Star wrestling team that traveled to Maine. They had to compete to be selected as the best of the best to represent Nebraska. His disappointment was that they never wrestled the best-of-the-best at one meet in Maine. They wrestled other teams that had high quality wrestles but never all the best at one place. Thus, even though they never lost a meet, they couldn't really say that they had beaten Maine's best.

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am more than a little curious as to why those who voted for the Lardy team did so.
On the surface it seems to fly in the face of the facts.
Two 1sts and a championship vs one 4th place.
What do you 19 folks know that the rest of us don't?
I can't help but wondering why Mike Lardy would enter a compitition that had no up side for him. :roll:
john

J

·
0 Posts
achiro said:
Lardy's team(the way I understnd it) took dogs trained for "our" tests and trials and converted them. I think they did pretty darn good for the first trip over there with dogs that have little specific training when compared to their counterparts(the teams they competed against).
The wildrose team, well again, my understanding is that those dogs have been trained for that specific type of test.

Can a comparison even be made? Were the trials comparable?
I agree completely. In my opinion, both teams acquitted themselves very well and should be congratulated.

Jack

1 - 11 of 11 Posts