Vicky,

Sorry it's a day late -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!

Sondra and the herd

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Happy Birthday Vicky!!

Maybe as a token of appreciation-Chris will get you an all expense paid trip to Ireland!!

M & Finn (& kate & Bailey in spirit!)

·
Registered
932 Posts
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY...............VICKY T............here's wishing ya many more................ :D :D :D

·
Registered
987 Posts
Happy Birthday

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Hope you had a great BD, with gifts galore. You deserve the best. :)

If only I could find one, I'd send you a slinky, knowing how much entertainment you get from them. hehhehhehheh

UB

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Happy Belated Birthday!!

Lainee, Flash and Buttlet

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Happy Belated Birthday!! :D

Andy

·
Administrator
3,871 Posts
Wow....thanks so much!! It's so nice when people you don't expect to even know when your birthday is say Happy Birthday!!! My own daughter forgot!!!!

Not feeling any older,
Vicky

:)

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
You're only getting better Vicky.

Have a jillion more.

·
Administrator
3,871 Posts
Um, gee, um....thanks for sharing that second one, Julie!!! Just what I needed to hear...............NOT!!! LOL :) You're right....some of your "friends" AIN'T NICE!!!! HEHEHEHEHE

Uncle Bill,
After hearing Julie's "birthday greeting", that Slinky might be the best gift for me!!!

Here's just the right one! :)
GOLD-PLATED SLINKY
What to get for that truly Slinky fanatic? How about a gold plated Slinky! Don't laugh, they really sell these and people really buy them.

SLINKING INTO HISTORY
How, where, when, why? The Slinky has a story. The year was 1943, smack in the middle of global war number 2, sat Richard James. He was an engineer and hard at work developing a spring system to keep sensitive ship-board instruments study while at sea. He accidentally knocked some of his experimental springs off a shelf and was amused how they "walked" rather than just fell.

SLINKY DEBUT
The first Slinky was demonstrated at Gimbels Department Store in Philadelphia, less than 90 minutes later all 400 Slinkys on hand were sold. More than 250 million have been sold as of this year.

SLINKY HOME
Slinkys were originally marketed in 1945 and manufactured in Philadelphia, a fitting home for an American icon. I wonder has the Slinky made it down those famous steps in Philadelphia, you know, the ones that Rocky ran up and down.

SPRING INTO ACTION
To manufacture his new creation, Richard James designed and engineered machines to transform 80 feet of wire into a 2 1/2 inch tall stack of 98 coils. Boom, he had a Slinky making machine. Today, the Hollidaysburg, PA based factory churns out 3 million to 4 million Slinkys a year. Mrs. James, who came up with the name "Slinky" has been chief executive officer since 1960.

SLINKY SONG
What walks down stairs, alone or in pairs
and makes a slinkity sound?
A spring, a spring, a marvelous thing!
Everyone knows it's Slinky.
It's Slinky, it's Slinky,
it's fun, it's a wonderful toy.
It's Slinky, it's Slinky, it's fun,
It's a wonderful toy.
It's fun for a girl or a boy.
http://www.t-shirtking.com/blog/archives/000107.html

Down the step regards,
Vicky

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Hope you had a GREAT birthday Ms. Moderator!
Take Care,
Becky

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Happy Birfday Vicky!!!!!

Gooser

1 - 14 of 14 Posts