RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All weekends certainly do not go this way, and from what I have been reading, many RTF’rs had a good one - congrats to all!

We spend the past two days on the beautiful grounds of Diamond E Farms in Mullins SC. Hosts Wally and Angie and the club made the Carolina Retriever Association Hunt test (1ST TIME at these grounds). A very enjoyable weekend. The weather was perfect, the event was well organized, and from this handlers perspective; a very successful weekend. Thanks to the club, marshals, helpers, and the ELLIOTS/Diamond E for a great weekend.

Here are our brags and some memorable 1STS for me ;)

“Penny” 9 months - 1ST two JH passes:

“Scout” had a tough time on Saturday but earned her 1ST SH pass on Sunday:

.... AND ...
“Feather” - my baby dog (just turned 24 months and was the youngest dog entered) earned her 1ST MH pass at her 1st attempt. Her run gave me a very fond memory of a personal 1ST: She lined a down the shore re-entry blind.... whew!

·
Registered
369 Posts
All three dogs look so proud of themselves, very nice pictures, great job!!!

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Great Job!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Danielle,
Big congrats on all 3 dogs. I didn't see Penny and Scout run but I did see Feather's magnificant blind!

Did you get to ring the bell? (I'll let you explain that one)

Wally

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No didn’t ring the bell - but I think I’m going to “sand - bag” for a title and time one of my dog’s run so that I have a potential to ring it!!!!!

It was a GREAT feeling of community and shared joy and accomplishment hearing the bell .... I was at big-tech airing/watering/letting dogs cool off & swim after their runs when the ribbon ceremony started... I heard the bell starting to ring and was so pleased for all who were able to ring it!

My client (and now thanks to dogs - good friend) Dawn DID get to ring in her 1st ever JH title at Diamond E... Dawn has worked so hard with maggie learning everything step by step and doing all of Maggie’s training herself. That was a proud moment for me too!

Lots of ringing for titles, and lots of ringing for Master National qualifications!! Again - a great weekend! Thank you Wally, Angie and CRA !!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
great job I hope the rest of the season goes this well for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts