RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have to brag a little on my youngest son, Logan. Some of you that run the hunt test circuit around Florida and Georgia may remember him as a 12-14 year-old running his little yellow rocket (Buggs) in Finished and Master stakes several years back.
Well, he's a senior in high school now and has turned out pretty well. He's in a dual enrollment program which means he takes both high school and college classes concurrently. It looks like he will pull a 4.0 GPA for his senior year. He had a great season of football where he started on offense, defense and special teams. He just placed 7th at the Florida state weightlifting championship with a bench press of 295 and a clean and jerk of 280. He lettered in soccer and wrestling, as well. He's active in his church and recently returned from a mission trip to the Dominican Republic where he and some classmates worked at an orphanage for a week.
He's been selected for a scholarship to Georgia Military College through the Army's Early Commissioning Program. He graduates from high school next month, goes to Fort Knox for a month this summer and then starts college in September.
I may be a bit biased, but overall, he's turning out to be a fine young man and his mom and I are pretty proud.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Good gracious Matt, you have every right to be proud. Congratulations on raising a wonderful young man.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Tell him good job and give yourself and your wife a pat on the back, it would be great to see more young people turning out as well as your son.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Nothing is better than that. Life is good.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I attended and graduated from The Military College of Georgia. There is not a finer institution.....IMO. However, they do naot have to athletic program like many other schools out there. There is one thing for sure however, if he enters the ARMY Commission program, he WILL get his education..........

He sounds like one helluva kid.....Congratulations on doing what many parents dream of.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Great kid who comes from a set of pretty exceptional parents. Congratulations for all of his success, and you have every right to brag...... just a little any way, Matt.;)

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Good foundation Matt...

·
Registered
9,628 Posts
I have to brag a little on my youngest son, Logan. Some of you that run the hunt test circuit around Florida and Georgia may remember him as a 12-14 year-old running his little yellow rocket (Buggs) in Finished and Master stakes several years back.
Well, he's a senior in high school now and has turned out pretty well. He's in a dual enrollment program which means he takes both high school and college classes concurrently. It looks like he will pull a 4.0 GPA for his senior year. He had a great season of football where he started on offense, defense and special teams. He just placed 7th at the Florida state weightlifting championship with a bench press of 295 and a clean and jerk of 280. He lettered in soccer and wrestling, as well. He's active in his church and recently returned from a mission trip to the Dominican Republic where he and some classmates worked at an orphanage for a week.
He's been selected for a scholarship to Georgia Military College through the Army's Early Commissioning Program. He graduates from high school next month, goes to Fort Knox for a month this summer and then starts college in September.
I may be a bit biased, but overall, he's turning out to be a fine young man and his mom and I are pretty proud.
It's not a surprise - your posts indicate you are a pretty level headed guy & that rubbed off. Your wife deserves credit for pulling an oar in the same direction as you :). Where it really shows is in the grandkids!!

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's not a surprise - your posts indicate you are a pretty level headed guy & that rubbed off. Your wife deserves credit for pulling an oar in the same direction as you :). Where it really shows is in the grandkids!!
The wife pulled the oars more than I did since I spent a considerable part of his life deployed to exotic locations while she stayed home and took care of the homefront. She's pretty darn special, too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts