RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we took the pup (Reese 15 Month CLM) to Lowes with us yesterday as we shopped for plants and seed and fertalizer. We got the normal oh he is so pretty can I pet him is he nice? And he is I must say so everyone got to pet him and some even got kisses but what was very special to me is when a young boy I think around 5 or 6 saw him from across the store and came running toward him with mother in tow asking to pet him. I soon noticed that the boy was Autistic. Reese could not have been more gentle as the young man rubbed him and laughed out loud and then threw his arms around his neck and gave him the biggest hug. It was one of those melt your heart kind of moments and Reese gave him just a gentle little nuzzel as they said goodbye. It is amazing to me how our dogs know so well how to act around children it almost seemed to me that he could sence that the boy needed just a little extra loving.

Anyhow I wanted to share that Happy Easter!:p

·
Registered
798 Posts
Awww, what a great story!!! I am always amazed when our dogs know to behave more gently around kids. Aren't they the most amazing creatures? I just bet that you and Reese made that little fella's day!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts