RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I wanted to share this, because of all the books and dvd's I have seen, none mention these two problems with ecollars.

Accidental Activation
I purchased the Tritronics Sport Combo G3 because of the nice compact transmitter. This great feature also creates a potential problem. I place the transmitter in my front jacket pocket when I am not using it. The other day, I bent over to pick up a bumper and my dog started yelping because the transmitter accidentally got pressed. After this I make sure I always turn it off before putting it in my pocket.

Water Sensitivity
None of the materials that I have read address this and I think it is a major commission. When my dog is wet he is 2x more sensitive to the collar. This is logical due to the water making the electricity more conducive, but it was a surprise when it first happened. Now, once my dog gets wet, I lower the levels by 2x to avoid over correcting.

Cheers

·
Registered
52 Posts
you think that's bad ...

I once dropped the transmitter for my 2-dog G2. The dog that was being helpful and picked it for me WAS NOT the dog that the switch was set to.

I had one dog spinning around yelping, and the other was spinning around (w/the transmitter still in its mouth) wondering what was going on!

~rj

1 - 3 of 3 Posts