RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WE tried it out this weekend, first time i've been to a trial or he's been to one. Saturday was a little exciting for him since there was people everywhere and dogs and some shots going off. For the first water run on saturday when we were waiting, he laid down and kicked back.
Sunday he was really laid back and taking it all in, he done better on saturday, which he did good both days.
We watched seasoned and finished to see where this is all headed, and he can do it with some training this spring/summer. He's not a high key dog, he's really a nice pup. One trainer told me he was a very "Soft" dog, and negative pressure is not good on those types, they are different to train. I think he was running 8 or more and had 1 in the dog trailer with the same type disposition.
We had some fun, didn't get to watch his 1/2 sister run finished, she's about 7/8 months older than he is and has 165 pts. before the weekend run.

·
Registered
792 Posts
yes i am! there's a thread on here about it but dont bother reading it. towards the end i was just posting to get my count up so i could reply to pm's

i think i am going to pull the trigger on the litter we discussed at the other place. probably gonna go with Moose as a name since the sire is a large bodied dog and since he's choco he'd be chcocolate moose like the dessert...just gotta investigate into how this registeration name process works its always baffled me!

are you going to go for the SHR title (4 passes) or go ahead and bump up to seasoned?

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
The dessert chocolate mousse is spelled with a "u" in it.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Be careful, the mob will get on you if you don't kiss waynes azz.
i'm sorry i thought it was painfully obvious that it was a pun i.e. chocolate Moose-body structure and color, chocolate mousse-dessert

they are called homophones grab any grammar book and read all about them

·
Registered
500 Posts
Congrats - I'll tell you it's addicting.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
watching you we are, little Hobbit ;-)

There was a girl in N.H. with a choco named Mousse, with the call name Moose. Best of both worlds

Just have fun with the dog once you made up your mind. But if you post on any of these forums come with thick skin

·
Registered
391 Posts
Glad you came and run with us. Now get ready to work your tail off as a club member in September. Are you going to run at Four States in a couple of weeks?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not sure yet, depends on how much $$ I have, might go to North LA in April. I have a ton of ducks to get mounted.
I did sell a horse to get more dog $$ in my pocket for some HRC runs. :D

This stuff is fun!! I can see where it can be nerve wracking and tough.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am judging some regional duck calling contest the 31st at Stuttgart, so that knocks me out! But i'll be looking forward to Sept.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts