RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went and saw the movie Friday during the day.... then took the wife and older kids Saturday. I am still amazed at that show. Not just a shoot'em up, sex drugs and language movie. A honest show about the love of family, team mates and Country.

A great show!!

http://actofvalor.com/

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
The majority of the military people in that movie are still enlisted or commissioned, they were given a 1 year leave of duty to make the movie and then they had to report back for service.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I thought it was a great movie. Knowing that active duty guys were in it made it even better. Seals are badass!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Made me proud to be a vet. God bless 'em all.

·
Registered
968 Posts
One of the few movies I have been to when no one got up to leave to buy something or use the bathroom.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
The majority of the military people in that movie are still enlisted or commissioned, they were given a 1 year leave of duty to make the movie and then they had to report back for service.
It took a total of 4 years to make the movie, it was started long before the bin laden raid. The Pentagon was not aware of the complete production and what it would entail, they are now ok with it and said they probably would have approved it anyway. I watched a long show on it Saturday with interviews and the whole nine yards.

It is getting some great reviews though.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but what does ghg stand for?

I did the gdg initiation years ago and try to uphold that, but his is a new one for me!

·
Registered
931 Posts
I heard that a 300,000. camera was used to make this movie. Can't wait to see it.

·
Registered
377 Posts

I did the gdg initiation years ago and try to uphold that, but his is a new one for me!
GreenHead Gear, if the context is decoys.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts

Goble he ****

·
Registered
2,089 Posts

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
we went to see it this weekend and really enjoyed it. the Seals are an amazing special forces unit and every American should be proud to have them doing the things that keep us and our way of life safe and secure.

they aren't very good actors, though! LOL!!! BUT THEN, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

it was interesting to see some of our military technology on display. just imagine what they CAN'T show us.......-Paul

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
It took a total of 4 years to make the movie, it was started long before the bin laden raid. The Pentagon was not aware of the complete production and what it would entail, they are now ok with it and said they probably would have approved it anyway. I watched a long show on it Saturday with interviews and the whole nine yards.

It is getting some great reviews though.
I was just relaying the information that was given to me sorry to misinform

·
Registered
358 Posts
Me and the wife saw it Saturday...Great movie!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Rumor has it that they used active duty Seals as actors (as it should have been) because they couldn't find stuntmen who could do what the Seals do on a daily basis!?!?!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Another good book to read is Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell. A Navy Seal.

There are many good special op forces in all the services. They are just as noble and couragous as anyother special op such as the seals.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts