RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Adgie eased over the Bridge gracefully this afternoon in the comfort of her own home, free of anxiety of any sort, with the dignity and respect that she had earned.

Adgie was the first dog I had owned as an adult, and we had many adventures during my time between 29-43 years of age. Marriage, divorce, kids, hunting. She saw my good qualities and she also saw my darkside, but never once did her loyalty waiver. We spent countless hours on the lake and enjoyed many great hunting experiences.

Putting a dog down is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. But now that it is over I feel really good about they way it went down. I was able to spend all weekend with Adgie at our lakehouse, knowing that today was the day. My wife and I took Adgie for a walk last night, and then fed her a steak for dinner. There is a veterinarian in Dallas that provides this service in your home and arrived this afternoon. Adgie was licking on a Frosty Paw in her spot on the living room floor as the doctor gave her the initial sedative. She was completely at peace, being held and caressed by my wife and I as she passed over the Bridge with the final injection.

Thank you Adgie for giving me 14 1/2 fantastic years. You gave me everything you had to give and I will never forget you.

Here are a couple of pictures:

3 Years Old

12 Years Old

Yesterday

·
Registered
352 Posts
Very sorry for your loss!
Dave Hare

·
Registered
847 Posts
So sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
So sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
875 Posts
So sorry for your loss. It is quite evident that Adgie was loved and had a happy and long life with you. Hope all your happy memories of her will help you through this sad time.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Dogs are always man's best friend. There is nothing comparable in the universe to the lovingness that thrives unconditionally in a dog. Your dog will love you for all eternity, spend all eternity in your heart, and would take a bullet for you if it meant making you happy. Always willing to please and always loving, a dog takes a place in a person's heart that can never be filled by anything else. Your dog is a cherished blessing that will always remain in your thoughts no matter how far gone. Dogs love unconditionally.

So sorry for your loss. It is one of the hardest things to go through when you have to put a dog to sleep. Just remember, she's over in heaven retrieving birds with God. He never makes her honor, and they're always live flyers.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
What a sweet, sweet looking girl, those old white faces are just heartbreaking. I'm glad for you all that she went in peace and at home, my condolences on your loss.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I am sorry to hear of your loss.

·
Registered
8,644 Posts
Oh the eyes! They are so much the same in the puppy picture and the very last one. The expression says "I am with you forever" in both of them. So, so sad. RIP Adgie.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Great pictures of a sweet dog. Remember the good times and know that you let her go in the kindest way possible. I lost the one in in my avitar in February and this brought back the tears.

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
I'm sorry Mike. Even when they live a long time, it's not long enough.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
What a beauty!! It is so obvious that she was very much loved and she knew it. I know she appreciated the wonderful life you gave her as well as the final act of kindness and love. Those memories will last forever.

May the day come quickly when you can think of her and smile with no tears.

Rest in peace dear Adgie.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you everyone for the thoughts and comments. It means a lot.

As tough as the last few days have been, I would start over and do it all over again in a heartbeat.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts