RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Aero Puppies ???

5K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  TonyRodgz 
As I currently speak, I am puppy-sitting David's 6 month old "Ruby" puppy. She was his pick of the litter out of one of Aero's breedings.
WOW!!!!!! She's a hand full and a sweetheart at the same time!!!!!!
She looks and is built exactly like Aero, she's going to be medium size.
She loves the water, if you bring her near it she's in it, even in Northern Minnesota at this time of year(and that's as of 3 weeks ago)!
She is birdy as all heck, let a goose, duck or even a Robin fly by and she's locked on!
We've been working her on bumpers and returning them to hand which she does reliably now because she's figured out another one follows, she absolutely loves to retrieve!!!! She can mark with the best, but is only good for 4-6 at this time and then curiosity or distractions take over, such as the birds or the goats from next door to David's training grounds that come visiting (she's getting good at goat herding, or is it chasing?).
She can be very independent when she wants, but also your best buddy and lover.
Two things you must know about her:
1. The Energizer Rabbit has nothing on her, she can go faster and longer than you care to believe. In a race if you gave the Bunny a head start she'd have that Bunny before you finished saying "GO"!!!!! And if she doesn't want to come, just try and catch her, loooong lead required!
2. She's a theif! Yesterday when I got home from work (it was raining), I let her out of the kennel and got the mail. I went to sit in my small kennel building (2 dog setup) when the house phone rang so I set the mail down on my chair and was gone for 1 minute. When I got back out she was shredding paper in the yard in the rain!!!!!!!!! Now that stack of mail had the local newspaper, junk mail, bills and the "OUTDOOR NEWSPAPER" which was in the middle of the pile as I didn't want it to get wet. Guess what she was ripping apart in the yard in the rain, yes the OUTDOOR NEWSPAPER!!!!!!!!! Was she jerking my chain(?) well after all she's a bitch.
But yes I forgive her, even thou she's black she's got yellow genes!!!!!!!!:razz::D

P.S. Aero's pups may not be monsters in size, but I can gaurentee you they aint going to be lap dogs, run'um or give them to some one who will!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.