Votes: 132 33.1%
  • 70+

Votes: 21 5.3%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I have gone back to school to get my MBA and am writing a paper for one of my courses. I need a demographic for the age of the dog people on this site so can you please respond to poll I have posted? So, just choose the option in which your age lands in. Thanks, Chad.

G

·
To clarify, you are asking how old each of us are and not what we see on an average weekend at a trial, correct? Big difference. :)

And if the former, the results of this poll will not give you the age of the average dog person. It will give you the average age of a dog person who frequents a particular retriever training forum. I just don't want you to get graded down for unsubstantiated assumptions. ;-)

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Age of the those using this site and not of those at trials or tests. I hope to receive a good amount of responses from this site to at substantiate my claims though. I know that this is also looking at another demographic of those who use the internet to help guide decisions and gain knowledge whereas there is plenty of people who don't use this site for the purpose we do. Thanks for the interest!

And as you notice, I didn't make it a public poll as to not be able to see the ages of people on here, though it could be interesting.

·
Registered
9,413 Posts
Im old in numbers,,,, but have a "Peter Pan" mentality...:cool:

My first wife left me cause a this,,,,,,

I think my second THINKS about doing the same,,, but Is to dernedgoodlookin!

Gooser

P.S.......

58 next week... So Isworkin on 59......

·
Registered
438 Posts
NO Way GOOSER...... From all those Fantastic Pictures of You on RTF...
I thought For Sure...You were just a PUP.....35 ish.....
You just don't look that "LONG IN THE TOOTH"!!!!!!!
;)

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I am curious as to why you chose an age category of 51-70. It seems to me there should be an age break in there in that a 51 year old would probably still be working, but most 65-70 year olds would be retired.

Helen

·
Registered
9,413 Posts
NO Way GOOSER...... From all those Fantastic Pictures of You on RTF...
I thought For Sure...You were just a PUP.....35 ish.....
You just don't look that "LONG IN THE TOOTH"!!!!!!!
;)
:p:p

Whattcha wearin???:cool:

Seriously.... Thank You!!

Gooser

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I find it funny that their have been 443 views of this thread but only 114 responses to the poll question. This poll requires no thought of any sort unless you don't know your age so I don't get why there is such a small response to the poll.

·
Registered
9,413 Posts
Mostly women here!!!

THEY lie!!!:p

Just like their shoe size!!!

:cool::cool:

Gooser

Lucky number 7,, you should have known Ya never ask a true women their age!!
A GIRL will tell Ya!
A woman will show ya!!

What you guys study in school these days!!:rolleyes:

What happenend to spellin or Trig???

Gooser

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
You need to subtract my vote from the 70+ group. I read "dog people" and voted before reading the word "training". Sorry. If you just want to know how many read the board you better reword it. Really like this board and it's people.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Chad, I read "age of dog people" and then saw "age of dog trainers". I have been a "dog people" for 32 years, a dog trainer for a few of those, and a breeder for most of them. I am now 82 years old, tired and unable to do the things that I love to do and those things that I can still do, takes twice as long! If it involves getting on my knees, it takes even longer and if it also involves getting up, it takes the help of someone young. You may quote me in stating that the last 32 have been the best, thanks to the dogs (and also a very very patient wife for 57 of those years)

Old age SUCKS, Bill

·
Registered
1,554 Posts

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Mostly women here!!!

THEY lie!!!:p

Just like their shoe size!!!

:cool::cool:

Gooser
Some women actually lie about their shoe size? Why? That's a new one on me.
Many lie about the "dress" size.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
So I find it funny that their have been 443 views of this thread but only 114 responses to the poll question. This poll requires no thought of any sort unless you don't know your age so I don't get why there is such a small response to the poll.
1. Not all viewers are signed in at the time they view, but the views still count (at least I think). I assume that a good number of the viewers aren't even members, and would have to register to answer the poll.

2. I almost didn't vote because I didn't understand the age breakdown. IMO, there should be a break at 35 (because that's when life can get really crazy-prohibitive of hobbies) and early retirement (58? 62?) because I see an awful lot of older folks, but not a lot of... more wise, mature, and beautiful folks...

oh, boy, I'd better stop.

I just think there should be a break around early retirement age, because one is still spry enough for a hobby, has the time, and if retiring early (at least thinks one can) afford it.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I didn't vote because I'm not a dog trainer, I just have one dog that I train when I have time. Didn't know what you were looking for and didn't want to vote if I'm not part of your sample group.

·
Registered
681 Posts
So, I have gone back to school to get my MBA and am writing a paper for one of my courses. I need a demographic for the age of the dog people on this site so can you please respond to poll I have posted? So, just choose the option in which your age lands in. Thanks, Chad.

Chad,

Congrats on going back to school for some higher education! I thought I'd do my part to help educate you. Didn't anybody ever tell you that the end of a sentence is a terrible place to put a preposition at!?!

Good Luck with your paper!

Swack

·
Registered
3,068 Posts

You must be in the younger than 30 group. See, most of us have to subtract big numbers to figure out our age, making this a tedious math problem.:rolleyes:

G

·
I am now 82 years old, tired and unable to do the things that I love to do and those things that I can still do, takes twice as long! If it involves getting on my knees, it takes even longer and if it also involves getting up, it takes the help of someone young.
Bill,

I'm not sure but that have been a bit too much information. ;-):razz::razz:

Melanie

1 - 20 of 33 Posts