RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I know it can be a little unnerving, but trust those on this board, it’s worth the wait. I’m driving to Ainley next week to pick up my new 3-hole slide in. I ordered it last fall, so I got a little lucky getting it this early. You won’t find better group than Chad, Jane, and crew. Send them the deposit. You won’t regret it.
Thanks Gary. I was trying to do just that. Someone from this Board found a need to tattlle to them that i was speaking bad about them. Jane called and asked me did I complain on this forum . I tried to explain to her that if she would read the whole thread that i posted that they had a great reputation and that I was just posting for feedback for the most part. Jane said she wasnt arguing with me to look elsewhere and hung up. ALL of my prior correspondence with her or Chad was very cordial which makes it all the more bizarre.

I emailed twice apologizing if i insulted them and asking to reconsider and they havent returned my emails

I already had a invoice they just needed to add three or four items that they had already gave me a price for and I asked them how to go about sending them their deposit. Really Bummed

·
Registered
12,982 Posts
.. Someone from this Board found a need to tattlle to them that i was speaking bad about them. ..... Really Bummed
Isn't that what you wanted in the first place?
Didn't you start the thread thinking it would quicken the responses and timeline?
Everyone knows that everyone in the retriever community ether reads the RTF or has a training buddy who does. Sometimes the squeaky wheel does not get the grease. It gets tossed into the scrap pile and replaced by a smooth quiet wheel. So now mountain top will know that they are the second choice of that RTF poster who pissed off Ainley.
You may be hauling your dogs in a wheelbarrow before this fiasco is over.

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
I am the "tattle." Jane is a good friend. I don't like people pissing on the legs of my friends.

I have no problem owning up to my words and actions. Are you willing to announce who you are? Or are you going to hide behind "Southern Skies"?

You started your post to bitch about Ainley - not to talk about their great reputation. You don't know Jane because if you did, you would know that internet bitching does not motivate her.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Isn't that what you wanted in the first place?
Didn't you start the thread thinking it would quicken the responses and timeline?
Everyone knows that everyone in the retriever community ether reads the RTF or has a training buddy who does. Sometimes the squeaky wheel does not get the grease. It gets tossed into the scrap pile and replaced by a smooth quiet wheel. So now mountain top will know that they are the second choice of that RTF poster who pissed off Ainley.
You may be hauling your dogs in a wheelbarrow before this fiasco is over.
[/QUOTE

Everybody is easily offended in today's woke culture. Take the time to read all of my responses and let me know what you felt was so offending. I openly said that Ainley had a great reputation hence the reason why I was spending my hard earned money with them. I never said I wanted cheap I never said I wanted fast.

Because they are neither. I asked was it customary to wait extended period of time to send me a invoice. So I reached out to the community for input. As far as their new pricing where they quote you a price now but state it may change later is new. I said I was aware and obviously that was there stipulations but that did not mean I had to like it. Was that insulting? Geesh they obviously could give two cares about me or my business. But their reaction doesn't mean I was wrong. You act as if this whole thread is a team sport Ainley versus me.

Do you really think that all manufactures are not aware that they may be second or third choice? Do you think that they only do business if they were the first choice? Kind of a simpleton belief. Hillman posted a older video where Mountaintop was not the first choice and had mountain top build him a box. People have been comparing these manufacturers on this forum for many years.
Sometimes second or third choice comes down to just a small thing here or there that one manufacturer can and will do and one manufacture can't or won't.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
I am confident that not more than one person here is offended by anything on this thread and it isn't Ken.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I am the "tattle." Jane is a good friend. I don't like people pissing on the legs of my friends.

I have no problem owning up to my words and actions. Are you willing to announce who you are? Or are you going to hide behind "Southern Skies"?

You started your post to bitch about Ainley - not to talk about their great reputation. You don't know Jane because if you did, you would know that internet bitching does not motivate her.
I figured it was you. I'm sure they didn't need you to carry their water. My correspondence with them was polite. It's called a screen name you know Ted like Drunken Poacher. Research what that means when you're not spending your time tattling like a little girl.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
In may of this year you told us old south dog boxes was building you a trailer. Did you upset them as well. Home Depot has wheelbarrows on sale for fathers day😄
I guess reading comprehension evades you. They were great people to communicate with I decided against them and stated why in the beginning of the thread. Clean that nasty old tobacco stain shirt you're wearing will ya😂😂

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Outside of this thread no one would be offended or put out about anything I said. Unless you were living in a utopian bubble where everything was rainbows and butterflies.
Inside this thread, no one is offended or put out by anything you said.

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
I guess reading comprehension evades you. They were great people to communicate with I decided against them and stated why in the beginning of the thread. Clean that nasty old tobacco stain shirt you're wearing will ya😂😂
Ainley is so good they don’t need to tolerate whiners ever. They wait for only the best parts, not the cheapest from China, hence why they can’t quote years in advance. Some people do the same to good responsible breeders and tick them off until they won’t sell them a dog because they don’t want or need that relationship. The best don’t need to bend over until they fall on their behinds.
A Very Satisfied Ainley customer Nancy Planasch

·
Registered
10,112 Posts
My wife & I owned a dog business, a boarding kennel. It was an exercise in learning people.
We were proud of the care we took of people's loved ones while they vacationed. After some
years we realized that 99+% of the dogs were OK while around 96% of the owners qualified.
That 4% would be where you would be sitting & more than likely you would be on the list as
someone who would never find a vacancy.

Owning a small business is tough, starting one is even tougher as the banks did not loan money
in the time the Ainley's started their business. So everything is done out of pocket. Small businesses
do not need people like you complaining about anything that happens beyond what they control.
Some people are hard enough to please that no one is willing to try. I applaud Ted for giving Ainley's
a heads up.

You always have an option, build your own dog box. At the rate your going you may get there.

·
Registered
10,599 Posts
Thanks Gary. I was trying to do just that. Someone from this Board found a need to tattlle to them that i was speaking bad about them. Jane called and asked me did I complain on this forum . I tried to explain to her that if she would read the whole thread that i posted that they had a great reputation and that I was just posting for feedback for the most part. Jane said she wasnt arguing with me to look elsewhere and hung up. ALL of my prior correspondence with her or Chad was very cordial which makes it all the more bizarre.

I emailed twice apologizing if i insulted them and asking to reconsider and they havent returned my emails

I already had a invoice they just needed to add three or four items that they had already gave me a price for and I asked them how to go about sending them their deposit. Really Bummed
My disclaimer is I have no dog in this fight. I was at Deerskin in Springtown Texas in 1971 when Kenny, Andy, and Rufus built a chassis mount for Rufus, who was a professional trainer, in their garage. Consequently I am a Deerskin loyalist but I know and like Ron Ainley and know many people who have bought their exceptional products and if not for my loyalty to the Deskins family I would buy from Ainley too. I read your original post and I think Ted’s assessment is accurate your protestations notwithstanding.
Ted Shih said:

·
Registered
12,982 Posts
I guess reading comprehension evades you.
I guess it could. Some here are much more gooder at using words than me. But I'm thinking a thread startin

Hi guys, after looking extensively for a 4 Hole trailer I am having Old South Dog Boxes build one for me.
Kinda means your gittin one. Please help me this fancy words I am strugglin with.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
My wife & I owned a dog business, a boarding kennel. It was an exercise in learning people.
We were proud of the care we took of people's loved ones while they vacationed. After some
years we realized that 99+% of the dogs were OK while around 96% of the owners qualified.
That 4% would be where you would be sitting & more than likely you would be on the list as
someone who would never find a vacancy.

Owning a small business is tough, starting one is even tougher as the banks did not loan money
in the time the Ainley's started their business. So everything is done out of pocket. Small businesses
do not need people like you complaining about anything that happens beyond what they control.
Some people are hard enough to please that no one is willing to try. I applaud Ted for giving Ainley's
a heads up.

You always have an option, build your own dog box. At the rate your going you may get there.
If only that simple analogy were that simple. I don't board my dogs but would have zero problem if I wanted to . Most businesses are in business to make money there is not a kennel in my area that would turn you down for asking questions . Or God forbid they heard from a friend of a friend that you were asking questions . If you own a business and you do not return calls or communicate in a timely matter that is completely within your control. It was a legitimate complaint. From my perspective I was not asking for anything unreasonable . Because Ainley is blessed enough to be so far behind they could give two ****s about anyone that that questions anything they do.

The fact that you have a different perspective I respect but doesn't change mine.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Because Ainley is blessed enough to be so far behind they could give two ****s about anyone that that questions anything they do.
Well you got close but you’re wrong again.
They are not blessed with a high demand for their products. They have earned it with unmatched quality and customer service.

Another heads up for you;
The retriever world is relatively small, try not to alienate everybody in just one thread.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts