RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
It was actually a question as to wether taking awhile to recieve a invoice in order to purchase their product was usual . I suppose it could be taking as a complaint and to some a complaint is interchangeable with bitching. The punishment did not fit the crime at all I did attempt to apologize to them, they obviously are easily offended and with over a one year wait can afford to be that way.

My disclaimer is I have no dog in this fight. I was at Deerskin in Springtown Texas in 1971 when Kenny, Andy, and Rufus built a chassis mount for Rufus, who was a professional trainer, in their garage. Consequently I am a Deerskin loyalist but I know and like Ron Ainley and know many people who have bought their exceptional products and if not for my loyalty to the Deskins family I would buy from Ainley too. I read your original post and I think Ted’s assessment is accurate your protestations notwithstanding.
Ted Shih said:
You started your post to bitch about Ainley - not to talk about their great reputation. You don't know Jane because if you did, you would know that internet bitching does not motivate her.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Good thing the retriever world doesn't pay my bills. Not sure how my disagreement with Ainley would alienate anyone. I have purchased Retriever products across the spectrum never once did anyone refused to run my credit card because of what another company may or may not think about me It would be number one kind of childish and number two foolish

Well you got close but you’re wrong again.
They are not blessed with a high demand for their products. They have earned it with unmatched quality and customer service.

Another heads up for you;
The retriever world is relatively small, try not to alienate everybody off in just one thread.

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
Good thing the retriever world doesn't pay my bills. Not sure how my disagreement with Ainley would alienate anyone. I have purchased Retriever products across the spectrum never once did anyone refused to run my credit card because of what another company may or may not think about me It would be number one kind of childish and number two foolish
It sounds like everything‘s gonna work out for you.

Another thing to consider; Training retrievers to a high-level will be one of many things handicapped by your attitude.

Reactions: ErinsEdge

·
Registered
10,599 Posts
It was actually a question as to wether taking awhile to recieve a invoice in order to purchase their product was usual . I suppose it could be taking as a complaint and to some a complaint is interchangeable with bitching. The punishment did not fit the crime at all I did attempt to apologize to them, they obviously are easily offended and with over a one year wait can afford to be that way.
You might reread that post from a neutral perspective. You undoubtedly did not choose to appear to be complaining about the way they do business but to me it sounded like you were doing just that, I’m sure others interpreted it that way also. Sometimes it is better to set the shovel to the side and quit digging. 😉 Just a little advice from an older guy who has done his share of digging over the years. 😊

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
It sounds like everything‘s gonna work out for you.

Another thing to consider; Training retrievers to a high-level will be one of many things handicapped by your attitude.
Appreciate your concern... for real. But most of the people i train with are more appreciative of me throwing my arse off for hrs in the sun and could careless about my opinion of a Retailer.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
You might reread that post from a neutral perspective. You undoubtedly did not choose to appear to be complaining about the way they do business but to me it sounded like you were doing just that, I’m sure others interpreted it that way also. Sometimes it is better to set the shovel to the side and quit digging. 😉 Just a little advice from an older guy who has done his share of digging over the years. 😊
Thank you Sir!

·
Registered
36 Posts
We sent our deposit in September 2020 based on a chassis mount quote that we new would not be close to what we would end up just to get in the cue. With materials and labor shortages (none of which were Ainley’s fault) we did not receive our chassis mount until April 2022. All I can say is “wow!”. We could not be happier with the quality of the product or the service provided by Jane and Chad. For those considering ordering, an Ainley product is worth the wait!
Wayne & Tracey Jensen

41 - 47 of 47 Posts