RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Heck I wish that was the case here, In brookings sd there are so many non pet friendly places to live it is nuts - have been looking for a new place for a while but the places that allow pets are extremely expensive

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Don't knock it, Bubba! A college campus is the PERFECT place to socialize a cute little fluffy puppy. Can't miss! :D

It's a "win-win", if you know what I mean.:wink:

Still workin' on my "degree", regards.

JS

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Can I get a therapy dog the next time I need to make a major financial decision or close a sale so I and my family can EAT?

Get over it kiddos, you haven't seen stress yet (in most cases).

Better yet, grab that M4 over there and get in this bunker with me, they're shooting at us!

·
Registered
8,908 Posts
Like goldens reduce stress?

Will he get in water?
Will he be too hot?
What shade is he?
Which bandana should he wear?
Does he need brushing?
Is he beautiful?
Does he need brushing again?

Forget it nothing stress relieving about all that!

/Paul

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Heck I wish that was the case here, In brookings sd there are so many non pet friendly places to live it is nuts - have been looking for a new place for a while but the places that allow pets are extremely expensive
In SD animals are animals - I would think the landlord would protect their investment because of that :).

·
Registered
263 Posts
About 15 years or so, I used to live in Iowa City really close to Kinnick Stadium (the football stadium). Back in those days the field was never locked and you could go down to the field or walk the stands for exercise.

I got into the habit of walking my dog there and throwing a few bumpers for the dog on the field. I would always clean up after him... it was no big deal. One day I had the dog down on the field while the band was finishing practice... several folks (especially the young ladies) missed their own dogs at home and played with Major. Some other guys complained and were quite verbal about me and my dog leaving.

Up from one of the sidelines came of all people, Hayden Fry. He told me I had a "Purdy" dog in his Texas accent. He also said to leave me alone and as long as I didn't make any mess interfere with anything I could keep on walking the stadium with my dog.

9/11 ensured that the stadium is now locked up, but I fondly remember that day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts