RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone has seen fully exposed gun stations in an AKC Master Hunt Test. By fully exposed, I mean bird boys, wingers, live flyer crate, etc.

Just curious how common it is because I had never seen it before.

G

·
mojosmantra said:
Curious if anyone has seen fully exposed gun stations in an AKC Master Hunt Test. By fully exposed, I mean bird boys, wingers, live flyer crate, etc.

Just curious how common it is because I had never seen it before.
hmmm, where were you this weekend? LOL

It happens. they are SUPPOSED to be hidden as well as they possibly can. In some cases they just can't be. Apparently there weren't enough holding blinds this weekend and of course not enough cover...

-K

·
Registered
400 Posts
Gunners

Lil Dikens Kennels said:
I have seen it at all levels. It happens
Yep, I remember a Master National a few years back where there were multiple gunners in the open field. It was a pheasant hunt scenario.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Many MH tests have exposed guns. Some are partially hidden, and some completely. Sometimes gunners and/or bird boys step out from camo blinds, throw & shoot and retire behind the blinds. Sometimes they stay partially revealed. It's up to the judges, and what the grounds offer for the test.
Train for it all.

·
Registered
253 Posts
2006 Master National. Three guns walking in the field shooting a live pheasant flier as the go bird. They were standing out in the open while the first two marks were launched then retired after your dog returned with the go bird.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts