RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have any AKC tests nearby, but just kind of curious: seems like I read somewhere that you can run two tests in the same day with AKC, which I don't think you can in HRC. I assume this means you could run JH and then SH (not sure if I have the right initials). Is this correct? If so, if you pass a seasoned, can you no longer earn points in JH?

You can't run two JH in the same day can you, since this would be running basically the same test twice?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Yes you can run 2 different stakes in the same day as long as you have not earned the higher title you can still earn the lower. A lot of people will double stake if you only need one more Jr and are ready to run Senior you get a shot at getting ahead of the game . BUT very few dogs can hold it together for double staking. Once you earn a SH title you can go back and run as many Jr as you want but they will not count toward your JH. Same with Master and Senior.

·
Registered
932 Posts
You can't run two JH in the same day can you, since this would be running basically the same test twice?

Thanks
Yes, you can run two juniors in the same day. They must be registered with AKC as two separate hunt tests.

And of course, no they would not be the same test. They would need to be held in two separate placed (i.e. two different pieces of land, and two different pieces of water, and lastly, two different sets of judges)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info.

Karen, what do you think causes the dogs to not be able to hold it together? Too much stress or too much excitement? I have never been to a test, so don't know what it's like in person.

Zman, do any clubs actually run two JR's for instance in the same day?

Thanks again, both of you.

·
Registered
12,625 Posts
... do any clubs actually run two JR's for instance in the same day?

Thanks again, both of you.

many clubs will have, at a weekend test. 2 junior, 2 senior and 2 master tests. Some will have 1 master and 2 junior and 2 senior. It is a good deal for the handlers 'cause for the same travel and hotel $$$ you can get ether multiple passes at the level you are running, or make multiple issues to work on undoing for the rest of the summer ;-)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think it is several things that contribute to them not holding it together. The whole ordeal is going to get them jacked up, on top of stress, then throw in a little anxiety from all of the surroundings and then to finish it off the freedom of no e-collar and some dogs can get loose.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Don't wanna hijack the thread but I too have a HT question. I wanna get my girlfriends 11 year old son involved in the dog games. I'm gonna let him run my big dog which is a MH in juniors while I run my pup in juniors. What do I need to do to enter him as a junior handler and is it even possible for him to run a MH dog in JH? Best part is he chooses the dog training over Xbox everytime!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Don't wanna hijack the thread but I too have a HT question. I wanna get my girlfriends 11 year old son involved in the dog games. I'm gonna let him run my big dog which is a MH in juniors while I run my pup in juniors. What do I need to do to enter him as a junior handler and is it even possible for him to run a MH dog in JH? Best part is he chooses the dog training over Xbox everytime!
I think you've got it straight.

You kid is allowed to run your MH dog in a Jr test. AKC will even list their names on the website if/when they "title" the dog. I think there is a special form that needs to be completed.

Just remember, you kids will want to put their ribbon in their room (mine do, anyway). :)

Chapter 2 Section 5 page 16

A dog that has been recorded as a Master Hunter may
continue to enter Junior, Senior, and Master Hunting
Tests, provided handlers are under age 18 at the beginning
of the test level entered, but no further Junior, Senior, or
Master Hunter certificates will be issued

1 - 10 of 10 Posts