RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have ideas for cool title ribbons for AKC hunt test titles? I want to do something nicer than the standard tabs that a lot of clubs do. Amy pictures and or places to buy them from is appreciated.

·
Registered
946 Posts
You can do what you want as long as they are orange and meet the minimum size requirements and the wording requirements dic tated by AKC rules. You can add more streamers or longer streamers or bigger rosettes or different size or pattern rosette but it must be orange.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
You can do what you want as long as they are orange and meet the minimum size requirements and the wording requirements dic tated by AKC rules. You can add more streamers or longer streamers or bigger rosettes or different size or pattern rosette but it must be orange.
Not for the title ribbons Mike is talking about, like around here mostly it's a little white ribbon that says "title" to go along with the "approved" orange ribbon for the actual pass. I've seen some pics of clubs giving bigger colored rosettes for dogs that title at that event.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
You can have tilte ribbons of any color or size but you cannot use the AKC logo on the botton. Pontchartrain has Purple/Green/Gold for all title ribbons, but HRC has HRC logo and the AKC has Club old logo. Must also give the orange ribbon. Some clubs give you an extra streamer to add to the orange one. Much cheaper than another ribbon.

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Our club does a full size ribbon, it's purple...don't ask me why it's purple, but it is...I think it's a nice touch.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Forget the ribbon. Just throw water on 'em. ;)

·
Registered
4,680 Posts

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
we give a colored duck band to indicate the title.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Here's what the rulebook says:
Section 9. Ribbons and Rosettes. A club holding a licensed or member Hunting Test shall offer prize ribbons or rosettes. Each ribbon or rosette shall be at least two inches wide and eight inches long and orange in color, and shall bear on its face a facsimile of the seal of The American Kennel Club, the words “Qualifying Score,” the name of the test-giving club and the name of the test (Junior, Senior or Master Hunting Test).

If ribbons or rosettes are given at sanctioned Hunting Tests, they shall be rose in color, but need not otherwise conform to the requirements for ribbons at licensed or member Hunting Tests.

All ribbons or rosettes shall be offered for outright award.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was thinking of doing Maroon and Gold with our club's logo and either Master,Senior, or Junior title on them. I know some clubs do duck bands and that is cool too but I was thinking a nice ribbon would be cool. I called EE and they hadn't done them but would contact the ribbon company that they work with for me. Just looking into other options.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Many years ago, a club gave out silver duck bands for titled dogs in addition to the standard pass aluminum duck band. Think they only did it once though and I was lucky enough to get one. Imagine it would be a bit pricey nowadays. But it was a very nice touch! Think they had the dog show engraver guy (the one that makes the little engraved name plaques for dog crate) do them.

T. Mac

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
My favorite was a duck leg band although it was not silver. I don't think there is a standard for a title designation-it's a club gift.

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
For title ribbons,, Kick the door down.. Make sure you have your clubs logo on the button of the rosette and do as you please. Our club has beautiful rosettes.. Very pricey but worth it...

Angie

·
Registered
225 Posts
Lumber River Retriever Club gives out plaques for there titles. It was pretty neat for an amateur like me.

Dog Vertebrate Canidae Mammal Dog breed

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
throw water on them ...

Then I'd quit AKC HT entirely. ;-)
That is why you just except the ribbon and never tell the crowd it is a title...Childish in my opinion ...Steve S

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Fan of the goose bands myself, I prefer to the rosettes, ribbons, plaques, they just collect dust, and get put away.

·
Registered
7,779 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts

This is probably childish too, but it was funny. Wasn't too bad until my wife saw it and we were headed to the Grand Ole Opry... :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts