RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
you can go into "huntinglabpedigree" and pull up dam and then scroll to bottom of page and click "offspring". Not 100% accurate as not all litter info has always been entered.

·
Registered
244 Posts
You can go on the K9 database. It can give you some clues. Look at the female. If she is really gray at 5 then you know she has been bred very heat cycle.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Check also OFA database.

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
If she is really gray at 5 then you know she has been bred very heat cycle.
Really? And what if they just grey early or what if they are not grey at 12? You don't think heredity has anything to do with it? :roll:

·
Administrator
3,872 Posts
I have a female that was gray before she was 5 years old and has never had a litter!

I would love to know where you got your facts from regarding the statement "If she is really gray at 5 then you know she has been bred very heat cycle."

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
you can go on the k9 database. It can give you some clues. Look at the female. if she is really gray at 5 then you know she has been bred very heat cycle.
ahhhhh.....no......

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
hmmmm my boy was pretty gray by 3 years old, and he's never had a heat cycle???

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Ladies Ladies, Ladies.That of course would be "every"...... and I'm sure "the grey before five" thing was said in jest.

john

·
Registered
345 Posts
We have a five year old female that was grey before she was ever bred.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
And I have a bitch that will be 13 next Friday and hardly has any gray hair at all!! Maybe that is cuz she was only bred once??;)

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts