RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any other dog owners that would like to see a owner handler master test put on by akc like the master nationals

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
is there any other dog owners that would like to see a owner handler master test put on by akc like the master nationals
The Master National is not a strictly owner/handler event. Why would it make any difference? Hunt tests are non-competitive.

Angie

·
Registered
680 Posts
Doesn't the owner of the dog have to handle the dog and receive a qualifying score in at least 1 event to qualify for the Master National?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Thanks Tom. Guess I could have walked to the truck and read the rule book.

·
Registered
680 Posts
After this week, I'm confused about which way is up. Been a long week.

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
The idea of an owner/handler MNRC has been floated before but never got any traction. Without intending any bashing of the pros who do contribute greatly to our game the idea of a purely amatuer MNRC has, IMO, merit.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Why? Pretend you're the only one there. You're testing against a standard, not vs another dog or handler.
Try to contribute in a productive manner. This thread actually has some validity and reason

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not productive because I disagree and asked you to explain your point? That's why it's a discussion. I explained my side how about yours?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Not productive because I disagree and asked you to explain your point? That's why it's a discussion. I explained my side how about yours?
I personally think it is a wonderful idea. It would be a great way to get amateurs like myself and many others competing more frequently on a higher level. My side is that it sounds like a way of getting the higher levels of the sport more widespread through hunt test handlers.

Your posts were both unproductive because they were both intended as bashful towards the people you were quoting. Maybe a little lesson on "line manners" (;-)) would help you a bit?

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Powder 1 who are you. I know you say you ran 6 dogs last year at Shoreline. But unless your a pro I know of no amat who ran 6 dogs. I also don't understand your orig post. Hunt test was originally designed for the amat hunter who didn't have the time or money to run field trials. I would like to see more amat entered in hunt tests and maybe the pros aiding in training dog and handler to run.

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Interesting point. I personally don't have a problem testing against a standard at any test with "pro's" testing too. I've found them all to be very receptive and helpful to answering any questions that I may have and they've made great suggestions which I appreciate.

Again, HT are vs a standard so what difference does it make who's there testing?

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
..... a owner handler master test......
Now that would be a hoot!
Man, those gallery whiners would be chafed so hard!
Nobody to blame bumping the running order on. They would all have to run in order.
Nobody to blame the "setting the performance bar to high in the judges eye" on.
That old gallery gripe about how Rover would have been called back if they hadn't seen Ol' Joe Pro smack the set up with 6 dogs in a row just wouldn't fly no more.
Nobody to run to and ask advice on, they would have to figure out the set up with the bullets in their own gun.
Nobody to bring their dog to the test, they would have to put the dog in their own car!
And when they crash and burn, nobody else to blame that on ether!!!!!!

UM..... I would not order your workers lunches until you get some entries in...... just sayin

·
Registered
172 Posts
Interesting point. I personally don't have a problem testing against a standard at any test with "pro's" testing too. I've found them all to be very receptive and helpful to answering any questions that I may have and they've made great suggestions which I appreciate.

Again, HT are vs a standard so what difference does it make who's there testing?
If you go practice with NBA players, would you feel intimidated by their level of skill and knowledge?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts