RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Alain

CKC and akc recognize pretty much the same list of chips

HOWEVER !!!!! They use different frequencies. One using a and the other b.

I wish they would work together on this. If the reader does not read both frequencies the CKC chip in the US won't be read and vise versa

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I think Alain is looking for an actual listing of brands or id's of the AKC recognized chips so that he can see if he is able to pair any of these brands up with the CKC approved chips.

I went through this with our last US dog. She had been chipped with an AVID chip (which was fine with the CKC a year or two before) but after importing and we went to register her with the CKC in 2009 they would not recognize this chip. It is my understanding that the CKC now only recognizes their own chip and M4S ID chip ... although this may too have changed!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Baby Duck and Snows,

My situation is that i will breed my bitch with week (s) with Grady and i'm planning to reg the litter to CKC and AKC.
I was wondering if there is a microchip that both CKC and AKC recognise to avoid implant 2 microchip for each pup.

Thanks,

·
Registered
317 Posts
No chip will be ok for both akc and CKC to my knowledge.

They recognize the same chip companies however the companies use a frequency and b frequency. One club uses one the other club the other.
AND they do not recognize the other frequency .......

That's the issue. I know that the microchip that is implanted in a pup going to the us may not be able to be read. Akc may recognize it if it goes through unnoticed but CKC will not recognize an akc chip.

I know of a few dogs carrying two chips in the US and Canada to be in accordance with bylaws ......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.