RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with AKC alternative listing program? Has anyone seen a dog or register a dog in a hunt test using a PAL number?

·
Registered
513 Posts
My dog Teddy ran AKC hunt tests under a PAL registration after I adopted him from a rural MN rescue group. I had no problems getting the registration, in fact, AKC processed it in a couple of days in order for me to meet a hunt test entry deadline.

Here's a pic of Teddy with his first JH ribbon.

·
Registered
412 Posts
The dog in my avatar is registered under a PAL. She's AKC senior titled working towards her Master. The process is simple and painless and well worth it if you want to run AKC Hunt Tests.

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
I had a cocker spaniel named Spottie Pippen that was registered with World Wide Kennel Club. I obtained an ILP number for Spottie to run him in AKC events.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I too have a PAL# for my dog. We've had no problem entering events.

Registering for the PAL# with the AKC isn't all that difficult, either. A couple photos, a couple sentences and a check (of course :p). It does take a couple/few weeks, so if you are interested in running anything this Spring, I'd recommend you go ahead and submit your paperwork.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just want to say thanks for this post, I have a two year old lab that was a rescue and I got him at four months old. The litter was registered but the orginal owners couldn't get rid of them so kept dumping them. The entire litter of 9 made it back to thier house everytime, lol. My neighbors heard about them so went and got the pups but didn't get the papers. When they went back to get them they refused because they found homes for every single one of them within two weeks and it angered them. I contacted AKC with no luck so I stopped his training and only did his BO. Now i'm going to start training him again along with my puppy, so he can run in the hunt tests too.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I have a PAL dog. My guy is a rescue as well

Like mentioned its pretty easy, If I remember it was a side and front shot of the dog.

Here's my PAL

SHR Nilsson's On a wing n a prayer JH

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey I have two rescue PAL/ILP goldens. Most people who meet them at tests are tickled to death that a rescue dog has the opportunity to run tests and are very supportive. The only thing is that their lineage is not listed in the premium for obvious reasons. That's how people know they are rescued. Don't be surprised if people come out of the blue to give you a pat on the back or want to shake your hand. Good Luck!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Some really great success stories with PALS, nice job everyone!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Hey I have two rescue PAL/ILP goldens. Most people who meet them at tests are tickled to death that a rescue dog has the opportunity to run tests and are very supportive. The only thing is that their lineage is not listed in the premium for obvious reasons. That's how people know they are rescued. Don't be surprised if people come out of the blue to give you a pat on the back or want to shake your hand. Good Luck!
Very True..

·
Registered
193 Posts
About half of our dogs have been registered PAL or the old ILP program. It's super easy and the AKC WANTS your registration. Some obedience trials will have a special ribbon for highest scoring PAL dog-very cool.

·
Registered
8,644 Posts
I thought that to be listed as PAL or ILP that the dog had to at least look like a pure bred dog. I think it would be super if mixed breeds that were capable of the work could play too. Am I misunderstanding the requirements?

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Interesting enough, this has happened to me, too.

One guy said he saw us run and really liked my little dog (she ways about 49lbs) and wondered about her lineage. The premium stated: UNKNOWN, so he came up to me and asked. I gave him my story and he said "that's outstanding."

My lil girl don't know and don't care. All she wants is those marks.

Here she is last year after finishing up our SH stuff.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts