RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who has passed 4 JH, for his title he has the ribbons and the results are posted with EE-Retirever news.
We've check the AKC record and they only show 2 passes, This is from last year, so it is not delay in reporting.
Just wondering how one would go about correcting the record, who needs to be contacted?
With HRC you'd just e-mail in a copy of the pass slip, but I don't know how to do such with AKC.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I would find out which tests that he passed that the AKC does not have record of, and then contact the club secretary to ask about it. It means that their report was not properly submitted to the AKC, and would think they would be able to assist you. Or, take and contact the AKC and ask them what to do, and have the results from EE printed out, and fax to them, if requested. just a few suggestions.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
First thing first. Hopefully he kept the catalogs from the events? Have him check to make sure the AKC number for his dog is correct for each of the events he passed. Then have him go to https://www.akc.org/events/search/i...ctive_tab_row=3&active_tab_col=3&fixed_tab=12 and check to see which tests AKC does not have record of his qualification. (If you go to past events, it will show what AKC was given as far as dogs qualifying at each event.) Then check with the secretary of those events where he was not given credit passing, and make sure the qualifying score was indicated on the secretary's paperwork to AKC. Follow up with an e-mail to AKC delineating where the mix up occurred.

T. Mac

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Go to akc.org, and login or register so you can log in. On the left side of the home page, click on Reports and Information Store. In box on the left, click on Points and Awards. Click on Add a Dog, and type in your dog's pedigree name or registration number. This will show you all of the AKC awards your dog has earned or received credit for. Once you know which ones are missing, I would contact the AKC. The AKC will review documentation sent in by the Club and see if they/AKC failed to record your dog's passes. It is possible that the Club sent in the proper paperwork and someone didn't key it in at the AKC.

I've had this happen a couple of times over the years. Once the AKC failed to key in the pass for a dog. More recently, the AKC was confused as the Event Secretary had circled the dog's name but didn't put a "P" by it like she did for all the other dogs that Passed. The AKC recorded the Pass as soon as the Event Secretary verified it for them.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I would go to akc.org and look up 'Events and Awards" search. Select compitition type to "Hunting Tests", or select the name of the club, and the year of the event, or select the state, and do a search, then you can select the event. Once you find the club and the correct hunt test, select it and a window should pop up with the status of the test, go to the bottom of the page and select "Junior Hunter" and you should get the list of dogs that passed. You may see your dog passed and somehow was missed in the personal status update for your dogs.

·
Registered
376 Posts
This just happened to me recently. I emailed the Hunt Test secretaries and they had to contact the AKC. I think if you don't know which tests are missing you need to pay $8 to get the printed report. When you look up Point and Awards it only shows the total points not where they were earned.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
When you look up Point and Awards it only shows the total points not where they were earned.
When I do it, I can find the club, the named hunt test, and the report for the event with every dogs name that had a pass in each catagory, all without paying a scent! :)

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
This just happened to me recently. I emailed the Hunt Test secretaries and they had to contact the AKC. I think if you don't know which tests are missing you need to pay $8 to get the printed report. When you look up Point and Awards it only shows the total points not where they were earned.
you're right--you only get total points and not where earned. however, you can do what someone else suggested and look up the passes. Or, you can notify the AKC and ask them to check the club records for each event where you rec'd a pass. The AKC is usually very helpful.

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
I just call the Performance Events dept first at the AKC. I tell them that my Pass for xyz club isn't showing up. they can check their event catalogs right away and determine if they even need to contact the secretary or not. A lot of times they just miss a pass or two. Always good to stay on top of your points and passes.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Here are better instructions;

*Select on the left hand side of page "Events & Awards Search"

Once at the page, select the tab named "Event Search", located second tab from left on the bottom row.

If you know the name of the club you can enter it in the "Enter Club Name" or leave blank.

Select Time range pull down window for your option.

Select competition type Select "Hunting Tests"

Click on the state you would like to search or select ALL states. When you select a state, verify on bottom of page that your state shows up in the "State(s) selected:

Click on SEARCH

An updated window should show that has the Hunt tests that occured based on previous page selections.

Find the name of the hunt test that correlates with one you want to review.

Click on the Clubs name for the Hunt Test in question. A new window should POP up with the status of the test.

Scroll down and you will see All Results, the hunt test level, name of the judges, the number of starters.

Click on the venue you want to review. The window will update and show the names of the dogs, dog type, dog owner/handler for those who received a pass.

Piece of cake! :)

So now the person should be able to look up each hunt test they ran at each club event, and see which clubs failed to report your pass. Or you may find out they did and AKC failed to see it. If the hunt club failed to provide your name, go to club to see what happened and let them know the problem.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Was his dog registered at the time he ran the first 2 events? Seems like AKC put a regulation that stated the dog had to be registered before it could be entered. I think that went into effect last year, so that may have caught your friend. I know that my husband (who was HT Sec) received a couple of letters from AKC stating that a dog was not registered prior to the start of our test and therefore was inelligble to receive a qualifying score.

But follow all the other suggestions of tracking down the passes etc, and see what can be done. if hedidn't have thedog officially registered, he might have to run 2 more tests to get his title.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
You can also look it up by the judges directory. Find your judge, click on past assignments and then click on the club and stake you were in. Qualifiers should all be listed. That should show that AKC got the completed catalog....I think.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Was his dog registered at the time he ran the first 2 events? Seems like AKC put a regulation that stated the dog had to be registered before it could be entered. I think that went into effect last year, so that may have caught your friend. I know that my husband (who was HT Sec) received a couple of letters from AKC stating that a dog was not registered prior to the start of our test and therefore was inelligble to receive a qualifying score.

But follow all the other suggestions of tracking down the passes etc, and see what can be done. if hedidn't have thedog officially registered, he might have to run 2 more tests to get his title.
I entered a dog that was not AKC registered and received two "passes" that wkend. The AKC wrote me a letter stating that because my dog was not registered, I would not receive credit for the passes. I responded to the AKC and apologized for my error, because I thought I could use the dog's litter number and did not realize that rule had been changed. I also registered the dog. The AKC was very kind and gave me credit for the two passes earned prior to the dog's registration.

·
Registered
94 Posts
This is a little late for this situation but I always suggest that participants check the AKC web site about two weeks after a hunt test. If any errors were made, it is much easier to correct when all of the paperwork is usually still available. Also, as a judge, I check the AKC web site to be sure that my record agrees with what the AKC has entered. Over the years, I have discovered four errors and have heard of others. BTW, the AKC does not make all of the errors.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thanks For the Help took some doing but we finally figured out which test was missing, Surprisingly not either of the two that I would've expected. Those where the dog ran both Senior and Junior the same day. Comparing the EE to the AKC on that test and it appears a couple of names are missing. My buddy's going to call the AKC today see what's up, and if we'll have to contact the hunt test secretary, at least now we know which hunt test club to contact.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts