• Dual reg and run both even?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dual reg because HT homes want it?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I registered with both only to play the HRC game. I am confident that you will never see UKC remove/surpass AKC as the Lab Registry.

An additional question:

How many that have registered with UKC have a complete pedigree that was returned with all registered dogs?

I just received my UKC Pedigree back and only one dog in 3 generations was UKC registered.

BTW it doesn?t matter to me one bit that I had to register with UKC.

Joe Miano

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Lucy is dual registered, Briezy only AKC. I currently belong to 2 clubs, both AKC. I used to belong to a UKC club when I lived in FL - that's why Lucy is dual registered. Until I decide if I'll be running any UKC events I will not dual register Briezy.

Andy

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
AKC only for 2 reasons.
#1 in the MD/DE area there are very few UKC clubs and events
#2 and more importantly I prefer a competitive format

Tim

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
UKC Pedigrees

Have you folks seen a UKC pedigree?? It puts the AKC to shame. UKC pedigrees list all the titles of any offspring. It lets you know at a glance what this dog is producing. What a plus! One never has to ask around about what kind of dogs so and so is producing or how so and so's pups are turning out....You simply ask the stud dog owner for a copy of the pedigree and voila! all the info is there at a glance.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
My dogs have been dual registered since 1990. I continue to run some AKC hunt tests. Haven't trialed in many years. Not since hunt tests came on the scene, since that's about all I have time and $$$ to train for.

I mostly run HRC hunt tests, because I feel my dogs think they are more like real hunting, and I enjoy that and the people associated with that program.

I also run enough AKC hunt tests to put a Master title on my dogs, for I feel that title is also important for them to achieve and have the training for, which I consider as being a tougher test than the Finished test in HRC.

Back in the early 90's I did run some NAHRA tests, and this past labor day weekend, ran Da Bull in our first NFRA test. We weren't quite prepared for them, but managed 1 for 2 passes.

I'd rank their Master as slightly more difficult than the AKC Master test, and as more of a dog test than a hunting test. Other than the upland and tracking portion of that Master series, it would be hard to put a hunting scenario to any of the marking tests. If I were a Pro trainer, I'd especially be aiming at running that program in a big way.

UB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts