RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
6,607 Posts
Angie B said:
There's gotta be only 50 some dogs in the Open with Rorem scratching. Now that's a sweet Open.....
But, I thought everyone knew that size doesn't matter

· Registered
1,301 Posts
Derby:
1st 5 Watermarks Players Rule No Limit/ Mary Tatum
2nd 15 Dark and Dangerous/ Roger Williams
3rd 1 Storm Over Hellgate/ Rob Ebhart
4th 6 Hawkeyes Sea Wolf/ Bill Hillman
RJ 9 Watermarks Power Punch/ Rob Ebhart
Jams
4 Watermarks Space Ranger/ Mike Wills
11 Bucks Stormy Magnum Niece/ Brent McFarling
13 Topbrass Sky High Lucy/ Susie Rich
16 Pattons Maj Hotlips Houlihan/ Mike Kerr
18 Fargos Rising River/ Mike Boley :lol:
20 Watermarks Mister Candlewood/ Mary Tatum

· Registered
6,607 Posts
I met Roger at the Coastal Bend Trial where his little girl took Third in the Derby. Now, in his second trial, she takes Second.

Pretty good.

Kudos to Roger and Dee Dee

· Registered
1,000 Posts
The Alamo Open had some rough stretches in it, but finally offered a real challenge to the dogs. The first setup for the opening series, a double, was scrapped after none of the first eight dogs could dig out the long, retired bird. The second setup was a fairly open triple in a flat field of winter weeds. The short right hand bird and the long bird up the middle were retired. The retired gunners laid down and covered themselves with camo burlap and both reported being run over by dogs. Several of the dogs missed seeing the middle bird in their desire to get the flyer.

The second series was a 125 yard, keyhole blind with the starting line on top of an embankment. The dogs were expected to go to the left of the first small brush pile and to the right of the second brush pile about 10-yard behind the first. Flyer crates and a white coat were about 30 yards to the right about midway out. There was 4 changes of cover to the blind which was placed in sunflower stubble. The blind was in the same stubble where the dogs had difficulty in the first setup of the opening series.

The first setup of the third series water blind was scrapped because neither of the test dogs could hear because of the wind and running water. The second setup was a 250-yard down the shore blind with the shore on the right and a strong crosswind from the left. Handlers had a very small opening over a partially submerge tree limb about 15 yards in front of the bird which was placed on the water's edge. Many handler/dog teams didn't hit it and the suction of the bank, wind and tree was too much as the dogs got out early and eliminated themselves.

I gave up the marshal duties and missed the final series today out of fear of being a victim of justifiable homicide. It's our 46th wedding annivesary.

· Registered
67 Posts
Rodger...Congratulations!! I know you and Dee Dee work really hard. It seems it is paying off for you!

for those that don't know Dee Dee is my Luna's litter mate. We are gonna try our hand in the derby at rose county at the end of the month.

Congrats again Rodger...that is big time! My training buddy Mike Wills told me your dog looked awesome!

Aaron

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.