RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to try and buy some more Interceptor from my supplier, but, before I call if they are out and can't get any. What would a good alternative be. Thought about ivermec and mixing my own, just don't know the what type (cattle, swine, etc) and how much to mix in. I'm assuming it is mixed with glycerin as a base. Any help is appreciated Thanks Jim

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I'm going to try and buy some more Interceptor from my supplier, but, before I call if they are out and can't get any. What would a good alternative be. Thought about ivermec and mixing my own, just don't know the what type (cattle, swine, etc) and how much to mix in. I'm assuming it is mixed with glycerin as a base. Any help is appreciated Thanks Jim
If it were for a dog, then I would have exactly the same problem (Interceptor not being available because of "production problems," they say), but my vet says Heartguard is equally effective and Heartguard is actually what she recommends. I don't know if it's necessarily true that it's equally effective against heartworm, but who is one going to believe if not your trusted vet?! Wish I could give some reliable, supportive info for cattle, swine, etc.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I made the switch to heartgaurd. My new vet recommended it to me. For some reason she wasn't a big fan of interceptor .

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I was going to HG and my vet found some Int at the last minute. The latest from Novartis is August delivery date. But we have heard that before. Kinda scary some of the FDA complaints against the company. All on the human side, but scary.

I still like the product and hope to stay with it.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I was going to HG and my vet found some Int at the last minute. The latest from Novartis is August delivery date. But we have heard that before. Kinda scary some of the FDA complaints against the company. All on the human side, but scary.

I still like the product and hope to stay with it.
I agree with you...I've used Interceptor on my Sadie since she was old enough to need it and to take it. I'm still not convinced that Novartis is totally reliable (particularly in this instance with the FDA issues). That being said, mlp's response is one to be considered. My Sadie's annual checkup is next week and the vet and I will be discussing Interceptor vs. Heartguard (among other issues). If anyone's interested, I'll try to remember to post what she has to say.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Advantige multi. Do a search

1 - 10 of 10 Posts