RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

An owner/handler win the WRC as a Field trial committe member how do vote as to this handler being e

• Yes, they are an amateur

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, they are not an amateur

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given current AKC FT rules the determination of amateur status is up to the field trial committee. How would vote as member of your club's committee?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
If the handler is an Amateur going in, they're also an Amateur coming out. Just $25k richer.

Jerry

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Tim,
Where is the cutoff point .
The Rules,etc, say No to any thing of value
So here we go, $25 bag of dog food,$50 two bags and all the way up to the matter at hand,$25,000.
I say If you can't take $500, $1000 or yes even the "big nut",$25000 or you become a Pro.
As the Rules are written now a bag of dog food makes you one also
john

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Is this what you are saying John, yes or no?

If I enter and get dropped in the first series, I'm not a Pro. If I enter and win, I am a Pro??

Jerry

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
My opinion:

Prize money is not payment for training dogs.

Joe Miano

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Jerry said:
Is this what you are saying John, yes or no?

If I enter and get dropped in the first series, I'm not a Pro. If I enter and win, I am a Pro??

Jerry
No.
That is not what I am saying.
What I am saying is that if one can take anything as a prize, even as little as a $25 bag of dog food and remain an amateur.
Then, since the Rules do not quantify the prize, the size of the prize does not matter even $25000
Course like Bohn said earlier today . If somone is pissed at you......... :roll:
john

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
If I was a amateur, taking that prize money leaves me open to alot of headaches as far as my status goes. It happened to a friend of mine father with pointers. Good Question..........

Angie

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
This is NOT an AKC event, John. What someone wins here doesn't mean SQUAT to the AKC.

If the winner is not earning any of his/her livelihood training a dog (or boarding, or handling, or any of the other criteria) for income (whether it's the winning dog or not), winning this prize or a $25 bag of dog food does not change the winner's amateur status in the AKC's eyes at a non-AKC sanctioned event.

:roll: .........................................................

Keith G.

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
Keith Griffith said:
This is NOT an AKC event, John. What someone wins here doesn't mean SQUAT to the AKC.

If the winner is not earning any of his/her livelihood training a dog (or boarding, or handling, or any of the other criteria) for income (whether it's the winning dog or not), winning this prize or a $25 bag of dog food does not change that in the AKC's eyes at a non-AKC sanctioned event.

Keith G.
all righty then!!!

Angie

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
If you and I have a $10 K bet on which dog will win, mine or yours, AKC could care less.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Keith Griffith said:

If the winner is not earning any of his/her livelihood training a dog (or boarding, or handling, or any of the other criteria) for income (whether it's the winning dog or not), winning this prize or a $25 bag of dog food does not change the winner's amateur status in the AKC's eyes at a non-AKC sanctioned event.

Keith G.
What if the prize was One meeeeeelyonnn dollars. If i won the first one. You can bet your azz i would take the whole next year off training for the next one!! Winning WRCs is my livlihood and i'm gonna run some AKC Ams in between.

Shayne - doesn't really care... just feels like talking.

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
Shayne Mehringer said:
Keith Griffith said:

Keith G.
What if the prize was One meeeeeelyonnn dollars. If i won the first one. You can bet your azz i would take the whole next year off training for the next one!! Winning WRCs is my livlihood and i'm gonna run some AKC Ams in between.

Shayne - doesn't really care... just feels like talking.
I don't care either,,,,,,,,, But talk is cheap!!!!!!

Angie

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Keith Griffith said:

Keith G.
What does an AKC event has to with it? Is it okay to recieve money from a UKC event and run an AKC event as an amateur? If so I could restrict my billings to handling at UKC events and still be an AKC amateur.
There is no mention of limiting these activities to AKC events in the rules.
Money is money and any money is "part of livelihood".
Merchandise is the gray area.

Tim

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
Shayne Mehringer said:
Angie B said:

Angie
So is my ex girlfriend... but she was still fun!

Shayne
rephrase that..... "so was my ex girlfriend, but WE still had fun"....

Much better!

Angie

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Shayne Mehringer said:
Angie B said:
Shayne Mehringer said:
Angie B said:

Angie

Shayne

Much better!

Angie
Why do i care if SHE had fun?

Shayne
Ladies...you need to remember Shayne is simple minded...he knows not what he says. :shock:

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
Shayne Mehringer said:
Angie B said:
Shayne Mehringer said:
Angie B said:

Angie

Shayne

Much better!

Angie
Why do i care if SHE had fun?

Shayne
Because you adolescent, dumb ass, that is half the fun....

Angie

·
Registered
6,388 Posts
Keith Griffith said:

Keith G.
Keith

I need some clarification here.

Consider the following example.

Shayne pays me $$$ to run his dog in the WRC. I am therefore being paid to handle a dog in a "hunting or field trial competition".

Are you saying that the AKC would not consider me to be a pro?
Are you saying that the AKC would overturn a Field Trial Committee decision that I was a pro?
Or something else entirely?

Ted

1 - 20 of 47 Posts