RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my first gobbler today. Shot him on my farm in Illinois.
23# 11" beard 1 1/4 " spurs.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
nice beard!!!! any plans on getting any type of mount, even just a fan mount? I got my first bird last year and did my own fan mount. Pretty easy and turned out great!

congrats!!!! my season is in two weeks!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Congrats! nice looking bird, we have to wait another few weeks for our Turkey season

·
Registered
72 Posts
What a Paint Brush on him!!!!

Congrats on getting one of the most beautiful animals on this continent....No photo or painting I've ever seen truly depicts a Gobblers beauty in the Spring sunshine.

Bruz

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
You heartless bastard! What did that poor turkey ever do to you? ;-)

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Good work!

·
Registered
9,442 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Nice bird. Congrats.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
You heartless bastard! What did that poor turkey ever do to you? ;-)
gc,
if it was anyone but consumate sportsman mike perry, the standard reply would be...."it was eatin' his corn!":p

mike,
congratulations!! very nice bird. i hope that another "serious hobby" was not created today!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
gc,
if it was anyone but consumate sportsman mike perry, the standard reply would be...."it was eatin' his corn!":p

mike,
congratulations!! very nice bird. i hope that another "serious hobby" was not created today!
Very well played, sir! ;-)

·
Registered
658 Posts
Congratiulations, that's a great bird, next thing you'll be like me trying to shoot one with a longbow without a blind which is very humbling as I haven't gotten it done yet. Now that you have checked that box you can leave now and head back home because your Cosmo pup just left here about 45 minutes ago and should be at your house in about 4 hours.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Congrats! Thats a Hammer of a bird!

G

·
WOW!
Nice Eastern Gobbler for sure!
That beard is heavy for 11 inches,haven't seen too many like that!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Wow! What a beard!

Congrats Mike!

Chris

I think the Robinson clan would have beard envy! Good job Mike. I have never shot one, though they do cruise through the yard on occasion.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts