RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is a repost

KANSAS CITY, Mo. --
Missouri-based Diamond Pet Foods is voluntarily recalling a third type of dry dog food because of salmonella concerns.

All three products were made at a Gaston, S.C., plant, where production was suspended April 8. The plant is the same one that made mold-contaminated food that killed dozens of dogs nationwide in 2005.

A statement Monday from the company said the latest recall involves its Diamond Puppy Formula dry dog food. No canine illnesses have been reported.

The product was distributed to customers in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia.

The company also announced in April that it was recalling batches of its Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul Adult Light Formula and Diamond Naturals Lamb Meal & Rice.

____

The latest recall covers the following production codes:

— Diamond Puppy Formula dry dog food 40 lb. DPP0401B22XJW 6-Apr-2013

— Diamond Puppy Formula dry dog food 40 lb. DPP0401A21XAW 6-Apr-2013

— Diamond Puppy Formula dry dog food 40 lb. DPP0101C31XME 11-Jan-2013

— Diamond Puppy Formula dry dog food 40 lb. DPP0401B21XDJ 7-Apr-2013

— Diamond Puppy Formula dry dog food 20 lb. DPP0401B22XJW 6-Apr-2013

— Diamond Puppy Formula dry dog food 20 lb. DPP0101C31XME 11-Jan-2013

— Diamond Puppy Formula dry dog food 20 lb. DPP0101C31XRB 11-Jan-2013

— Diamond Puppy Formula dry dog food 8 lb. DPP0401B2XALW 7-Apr-2013

— Diamond Puppy Formula dry dog food 6 oz. samples DPP0401

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To the top just in case anyone missed this.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Thanks, I am glad I don't feed that brand.
Eventually in any manufactured product like dog food there will probably be a recall. No Manufacturer is immune to from things going wrong or things coming in the ingredients that make up the product. As a consumer you can protect your dog by not feeding the food you just bought for a period of time. This gives you a chance to be notified about the recall before you feed the product. of course it requires that you buy the product in advance and store it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Eventually in any manufactured product like dog food there will probably be a recall. No Manufacturer is immune to from things going wrong or things coming in the ingredients that make up the product. As a consumer you can protect your dog by not feeding the food you just bought for a period of time. This gives you a chance to be notified about the recall before you feed the product. of course it requires that you buy the product in advance and store it.
That does make sense. but the track record of this brand shows the quality checks are not being done but I am not there and not seeing what is going on so it is only my paradigm

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm currently feeding my 11 Mo Diamond Natural Large Breed Puppy. When I chose this food I knew about the recall a few years back and thought... well wake up call for the manufacturer, and they will update their quality process to ensure this doesn't happen again.

I believe I'll be looking for another food!

·
Registered
683 Posts
A lot of other brands are made by Diamond and are now on the "voluntary recall" as of tonight including:
Taste of the Wild,
Natural Balance
Kirkland Signature
Wellness

·
Registered
1,938 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Is this just for the dog food or cat food too?

The wifes cat is on TOTW.
Read the Recall Q&A on the link I provided.. It's for all products listed on their web site manufactured at the Gaston, South Carolina plant
Production codes are also provided

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
HEALTH ALERT: Federal health officials say at least 14 people in nine states have been infected with salmonella by handling tainted dog food. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says at least five people have been hospitalized. The pet food was made at Diamond Pet Foods' plant in Gaston, S.C.
This was on my FB newsfeed from a local TV News Station

·
Registered
107 Posts
I read through everything and didn't see anything specifically about cat food so I will just assume it is both.
Thanks again.

(Oh, and I dont have my bag so I cant look at the numbers.)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts