RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you read the books ?

How did you think the books compared to the HBO Series ?

I must have gotten a half dozen people hooked on it. Even my wife who's anxiously awaiting the Series II premier April 1.

If you haven't watched it , check it out, you won't be disappointed.

Steve

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I'm reading book 5 right now. I only saw a couple of episodes of the first season, but it looked pretty good. The wife likes it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The show seems to be pretty accurate to the books. I only wished that they would have made it into 16 show seasons instead of 10. It was very well done, but at points, some of the areas seemed a bit crammed. The books were awesome, and the show has done an amazingly good job of portraying that.

·
Registered
158 Posts
R.R. Martin can spin a yarn, great way to spend some evening time in his world, the HBO series has done this about as good as it can get, sure would change the complete delivery if it was water down to show on ABC/NBC CBS

·
Registered
892 Posts
Read all the books and loved both the books and Season 1!

Can't wait for Season 2 this weekend.

Winter is coming...

·
Registered
599 Posts
Have only seen the HBO series which has me hooked. Will have to try the books, though I hardly seem to have time to read my Retrievers Online anymore.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Enjoyed the first book. Haven't seen the series on HBO yet.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Big fan! Loved the books and the series. Just hope he doesn't wait 10 yrs to publish the next book. It occurs to me that I might not live long enough for him to finish the story! :p

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I'm almost caught up with Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series (next book due out 2013) and had a friend suggest Game of Thrones. Hmmmm.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts