RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone recommend any small kennels that sell Quality British labs? What about Old Oak Kennel? Anybody have any knowledge or pups from that kennel?
Thanks in advance!
Wingman

·
Registered
4,854 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Double T is worth checking out if you haven't already. There are as many british breeders out there as one can imagine (just look at the ads in any DU magazine). Haynes, at Double T, has many nice dogs (many trained by Rick at Old Oak).

Regardless of what nationality you go with, try to go and see the parents work if at all possible so that you get what you're looking for.

2 cents regards -

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
X2 with Old Oak, also Dublem gundogs. Double T has some nice litters coming as well. I would talk with Rick at old oak first though as he has first hand knowledge of multiple kennels and their dogs due to either training them or because he is friends with either the people who imported and/or exported the dogs.

Unfortunately, you do not have enough posts for the PM feature, or I could also give you a list of breeder to avoid due to blatant lying about health clearances, and some that don't do them at all.

I also have a british litter coming this fall, all black, out of our "Molly" x FTCH Levenghyl Isle of Aaran "Monkey".

·
Registered
39 Posts
hey firehouselabs would you mind sending/PM'ing me that list? I am currently looking at various kennels and breeders for a pup in the near future and its hard to get a read on some and would greatly appreciate that information.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Anyone recommend any small kennels that sell Quality British labs? What about Old Oak Kennel? Anybody have any knowledge or pups from that kennel?
Thanks in advance!
Wingman
We are getting a pup from Old Oak out of Sam and Addie in June. We looked around quite a bit and were very happy with Old Oak. You will have to call Rick and see if there are any pups still available for this year though.

We also liked Royalty British Kennels in Milaca. John has great dogs and going on a tour with him is quite the experience.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Nah, the owners are usually "round" like me. Not the doggies! :D

If I wanted a UK FT line dog, my first 2 calls would be to Tom Hamilton at www.brackenfen.com who has produced HRCH/MH titled dogs (including mine), and Haynes Floyd at TT who has produced several HRCH UH MH dogs as well. The only HRCH (500) UH MH *** UK line dog I know of came from one of Hayne's breedings (Mark Sehon's Zeke).

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Nah, the owners are usually "round" like me. Not the doggies! :D

If I wanted a UK FT line dog, my first 2 calls would be to Tom Hamilton at www.brackenfen.com who has produced HRCH/MH titled dogs (including mine), and Haynes Floyd at TT who has produced several HRCH UH MH dogs as well. The only HRCH (500) UH MH *** UK line dog I know of came from one of Hayne's breedings (Mark Sehon's Zeke).
Haynes's stud dog Craighorn Spud was also, although his QAA status was due to UK trials not US ones.
I believe his dog Sweep also qualifies for this distinction.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Stay tuned for a Spud/Ellie Mae breeding. ;-)

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
And this is why I never post anything about a British lab.
Erik you have only posted here this month. It was obviously a joke. Just like me teasing about bandana's on Goldens and the smell of Chessies etc. Lighten up man Paul was joking........I think.

BTW problem with those British Labs is the annoying accent. I much prefer a Texas labs drawl howl to that snoooty British accent.:p

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Funny thing is, mine do bark (on the rare occasion that they do) different from my all american dogs. It has a different sound altogether, not nearly as shrill nor does it carry as far....thank God!

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
I would look at the kennels the same way we look at US kennels. I would look for kennels like these that actually compete their dogs like these and whose parents have complete health certifications along with PRA. If they are bred here they can have health certs. Lots of people jumping on the Brit boat hoping to sell pups because of the interest.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
I would look at the kennels the same way we look at US kennels. I would look for kennels like these that actually compete their dogs like these and whose parents have complete health certifications along with PRA. If they are bred here they can have health certs. Lots of people jumping on the Brit boat hoping to sell pups because of the interest.

Are you saying the words "British/English" regarding lab breedings is a "FAD" and only used for marketing to sell pups for more $$?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts