RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone get superstitious on trial days? I am and my dog has done great thru 3 series of derby in only our second one so think anyone will notice if I show up wearing same clothes in the morning for the 4th series? Lolol

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Blue underwear!;-)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Nonsense!.....

·
Registered
612 Posts
I carry my grandpa's old duck call to the line every time, even though it's not the one I blow. (HRC)

I know he laughs when I screw up..... HaHa. Sure miss that old fart.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Guilty!!!!! Never get reservations at the hotel. Every time I have reservations, I end up going out in the trial or failing the test. It is inconvenient & has left me staying in some real ratholes but is a credo I live by.

Also if I go out I will change leads, whistles or clothes. When I pass or finish that whistle, lead and clothes become lucky & will be used at the next test/trial. Right now my lucky lead has never failed a test & is NOT for sale!!
Mark Land

·
Registered
890 Posts
Worn out Pro Plan hat. I stopped feeding Pro Plan several years ago but I still wear my lucky hat.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Wrapped a pink bandana around my arm! Always thinking my girl gets to wear it on the way home!!

Oh, yes for sure the green shirt I wore for 2 days in a row for luck!!

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
I wore a red T shirt for a derby one time. Sure enough I came in 2nd. But, the winner was wearing a blue one. I started wearing blue.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Currrent one is only two coins of equal value (2 quarters or 2 nickels etc) in right pants pocket. Have done the hat and clothing thing, the lucky credit card magnifying glass in shirt pocket, various pre run routine things, they all worked REAL good for awhile:)

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
If I ever get a chance to run tests again!!:D

Nobody talks to Gooser when I is in a holding blind...

Dont ask me if I is ready to run ,,or what my number is,, when I come to the line,, If I wasnt readyy I wouldnt be there.... and I was never good at math.

I say a constant barrage a hail mary's while the birds are being shown..

Gooser

·
Registered
658 Posts
Lead in left jacket pocket, never reach for a shell or gun for the diversion until dog has picked up the last mark no matter how close it is, and if running the HRC grand never ever go to a Walmart once the grand is started.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I have a short leather lead that I use when running upland. Don't always place, but if I don't use it the girls act like they're new to the field.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Always drink cold beer at tailgate. Never warm beer :D

·
Registered
893 Posts
Lead in left jacket pocket, never reach for a shell or gun for the diversion until dog has picked up the last mark no matter how close it is, and if running the HRC grand never ever go to a Walmart once the grand is started.
Yep, Learned this one the hard way last spring..... Second day of seasoned testing for the weekend (water series)......dog leaves the line to retrieve memory bird (60 yds against some cover)..... dog is almost to bird, lining it.... I reach down for the gun and shell..... look up and my dog is swimming right past the bird, and into the cover. By the time I had the whistle in my mouth, the dog was out of sight. Ended up picking him up.... I was more mad at myself than the dog. Will never happen again.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I wear my lucky bra.. ;) Just kidding...

I have a favorite line lead and cap.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts