RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've trained quite a few meat dogs and hardly ever had to use an E collar, but I did buy one a few yrs ago (RED HEAD RH 1202). Its a two dog remote and all I used it for was reminder nicks when, but now I'm following Smartworks program with two dogs Im going to HT this summer and Im CC'ing. Evan uses a TRI TRONICS collar and he does outline the procedure with that systems low, medium, and high. My set up is a numbered dial (1-16) just wondered what range others have found threshholds at? ( I do realized they vary dog to dog). I'm working a 4.5 yr old BLF that is very smart, biddable and is a quick learner, ( I've shot many Ducks, Geese, and Grouse over her she runs T's Force to pile, 3 handed casts) She's a pouter but will snap out when she's been tuned, I doubt I'll have to do many corrections with her. The other is a 1 yr old Choc daughter of the first, she is a big powerful girl but can be timid to new corrections so I'd like to make CC as easy and accurate as possible. What were your experiences with this collar?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts