RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some set-ups from last weekends hunt test. All yardage approximate.

·
Registered
8,645 Posts
Willie, Senior - 2nd series - G1 It looks like the bird is launched from INSIDE the bushes and falls INSIDE the bushes. What can the dog see to mark from? Know its probably just angles, but that one gives me the shivers!

·
Registered
9,413 Posts
Willie, Senior - 2nd series - G1 It looks like the bird is launched from INSIDE the bushes and falls INSIDE the bushes. What can the dog see to mark from? Know its probably just angles, but that one gives me the shivers!
An Arial photo looking at the TOP of a tree... The perspective at ground level would be quite different.

Goosie

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:D There weren't any leaves on the trees yet, so the dog could see the bird the entire time, from the throw, arc and fall.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I'd like to try something like the Master setup some day.

·
Registered
790 Posts
This bird was a walkup. alot of the branches had been cleared out by the club prior to the test for this bird. The bird fell behind a large cottonwood tree, if the dogs saw it, it was a piece of cake, if not the wind really hurt the dogs. It was a well placed bird and the judges did a good job utilizing the land... that actually was the best placed and used bird of the entire Senior test.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts