Votes: 0 0.0%
  • told family but have nothing legal signed

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recent events in the national news combined with good Friday had me wondering, are you all ready to die? If you were to drop tonight are all your ducks in a row? Or more importantly if you lived but were in a helpless bedridden state, unable to talk or do anything for yourself with no hope of recovery. Do the right people know your wishes and are the proper forms filled out? I hope if I were in such a state my loved ones would put me out of my misery. But I would also hope they wouldn't starve me to death to do it. Should be a wake up call for us all. Make your wishes clear!
Ken Bora.

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
Yup -- All ready. I've got a Will and a written "Living Will" that says "No extraordinary means" of life support.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
You having a boring evening, Ken?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ken Bora said:
Recent events in the national news combined with good Friday had me wondering, are you all ready to die? If you were to drop tonight are all your ducks in a row? Or more importantly if you lived but were in a helpless bedridden state, unable to talk or do anything for yourself with no hope of recovery. Do the right people know your wishes and are the proper forms filled out? I hope if I were in such a state my loved ones would put me out of my misery. But I would also hope they wouldn't starve me to death to do it. Should be a wake up call for us all. Make your wishes clear!
Ken Bora.
Do they have any idea now many months it would take to starve YOU to death!!!

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I'm set to go...not looking forward to it any time soon, but prepared just in case. The thing that kills me (no pun intended) is that our animals have it better than we do. We can euthanize them. (although it is said that starvation is not painful and actually rather euphoric?)

·
Registered
24 Posts
YES -- I have no Will. No Wishes.

I am ready becasue I have My Savior Jesus Christ. He is all you need to be ready to go.....

Have a great GOOD FRIDAY........ The best POLL.. yet

·
Registered
97 Posts
Duckdog said:
I am ready becasue I have My Savior Jesus Christ. He is all you need to be ready to go.....
Amen.

Todd

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yup

I voted yes - and when I come back I am coming back as a Labrador reriever - hopefully will be ridding on Lardy's Truck....lol

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Re: Yup

David Walker said:
I voted yes - and when I come back I am coming back as a Labrador reriever - hopefully will be ridding on Lardy's Truck....lol
If i came back as a lab, i'd want to belong to some nice family that would let me sleep on the bed and throw tennis balls for me in the back yard.

Either that..... or as a big time stud dog.

Shayne

·
Registered
7 Posts
LOL

Shayne you are a hoot dude - lots of breeding hey....yipppeee

I thought that people like you houldn't be allowed to breed....LMAO

·
Registered
590 Posts
the irony of this post I have to go to the doc today seems i fainted at the table last sun first time in 47 years and some dog friends of mine she is a nurse said I have to go and get checked out I think she hopes I leave my female lab to them and I would; my male will have to be buried with me otherwise he would not be happy . but we hope just nothing other than some thing happened
David

·
Registered
323 Posts
Odd that I see this right now. I just downloaded some of the templates for the Living Will and for my Last will and testament. Have put it off for years, but I don't want my family to fight over me if I'm ever in a situation like Terry Schiavo, I want them all to know (including attorneys) what my wishes are.

Cray

·
Administrator
3,868 Posts
Duckdog said:
I agree that I am ready to go, but I also have a Will and a Living Will properly executed so that my family will not have to go through what Terry Schiavo's family is not facing.

Vicky

·
Registered
8,908 Posts
Nope. Not ready yet. Guess I can't go.....

On a serious note, one of my employee's passed away in his chair this week at work. Despite all our efforts and the paramedics efforts we couldn't bring him back. Late 30's, apparent perfect health and one massive heart attack and he was gone. Left a wife and 2 kids, 10 and 12. I've spent the week with employee's in my office trying to handle it. Sure makes you stop and think seriously for minute. May I go quietly in a duck blind with the birds flying and lab keeping me company...

/Paul

1 - 17 of 17 Posts