RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Do yourself and whoever else is going with you and call Ramsey Russell at 1-866-438-3897. They set up all sorts of Argentia hunts and will help with all or part of your travel plans.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Contact trek safaris. Went there two years ago with a booking through them. First class operation and more doves than you could shoot

·
Registered
484 Posts
For those of you that have made the trip down. What kind of cost are you looking at--(total trip cost in ball park range). Also did you have any hidden costs that you were unaware of before heading down. I have heard cost of shells are high?

Thanks for any input.

Dave

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I've never been, my dad went and I think it was around $3K.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Shells were $15.00 a box when we went. Lodge and food, gun rental (rent two of the guns there cause you are gonna slam wear them out each day), two pick up boys per shooter (one loading guns and one picking up birds is how we used them), was $1150 per day per person. Total for a 5 day hunt was per person worked out to be just over eight grand. So Mr. Davis is probally right about the price at current pricing. We went 6 years ago.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I have been to Argentina over 25 times.
Call Jack Parker in Atlanta, he is orig. from Arkansas.770-265-6688
I personally like to go on a Dove, Duck and Perdiz combo hunt.
If you just go blast dove (2000 rounds per day) your shell bill
will be high and I get bored in a couple days.
If you go during duck and perdiz season (June to August)
it is their winter and you won't be sitting in a field on a bucket
in 95 degree heat. You can dove/pigeon hunt a couple days,
then duck hunt in the morning and hunt perdiz in the afternoons after a nap and lunch for a couple more days.

I would also recommend you allocate 8 days for your trip as you
lose 2 days in travel. shoot me a pm with your # if you want more info.
Hope this helps.

Gregg Leonard

1 - 8 of 8 Posts