RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received a phone call that the Arkat Dog Food plant in Dumas, Arkansas was hit hard by a tornado. I wasn't told how long they would be out of production.
If you feed Arkat, you may want to see what is still available and stock up.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Grumble, grumble, grumble. :evil:

Anyone else hear anything more?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Arkat Plant hit by tornado

BLACK GOLD 50# 24/20 about $24.00 per bag.40# 30/20 about $24.00 per bag. For the outlets in your area call Jimmy Young 1 888-225-9924: fax 318 932-8592: or 318 932-5937. If you have any concerns about the ingrediants ,price, delivery, please call 1 800 598-3647 and John Allen or Don Allen both are the owners and they will answer any questions you may have. Lanse Brown

·
Registered
182 Posts
BLACK GOLD PREMIUM DOG FOOD-50# bag of 24/20 about $22.00. 40# 30/20 about $24.00. The distributor for LA,MS, AR, is Jimmy Young at 318 932-5937; 1 888 225-9924; fax 318 932-8592. The two owners John Allen and Don Allen will be happy to answer ANY questions that you may have regarding price, ingrediant, delivery direct to your kennel-kennel sponsorships etc. Website www.blackgolddogfood.com. I have been feeding this food(24/20) and my dogs are in perfect condition. The one caveat is that the food is 93% digestable and thus one should cut back on the amount they feed. I putt with the stools. Lanse Brown

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I just saw a report on Dumas AR on the news. The town was devastated by the tornado. Many businesses and homes were destroyed. It looks pretty bad. Arkat is in Dumas.

Steve

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am a distributor here in Pennsylvania. If you feed Arkat products just be patient. So far I have been told by that they are looking at options and worst case they will contract with another extruder company to produce some food until they can get back on there feet. If you have any questions feel free to contact me. I'll share any information I am aware of.
Main thing is keep your thoughts and prayers with the families of Dumas and Arkat.
Please just be patient during this time. Arkat will be back up just as soon as they can. Their loyalty to there customers is only as good as ours to them so I definetly plan on being there ready to receive food when they get back up. I not only sell there food but also use it. I am fortunate that I just received a load earlier this month.

Gary

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I am assuming the pet food factory referred to in the news report below is the Arkat plant.
A general merchandise store and a pet-food factory were among the 25 businesses leveled in the town of 5,300 people. Nine other businesses had major damage, the state Department of Emergency Management said.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Really tough break for the residents fo Dumas, Ark. The news today
said 800 workers are now out of work. This will be devastating for
that little town. My prayers go out to them.

G

·
Lady Duck Hunter said:
Really tough break for the residents fo Dumas, Ark. The news today
said 800 workers are now out of work. This will be devastating for
that little town. My prayers go out to them.
WOW. I went to their website and it's kind of eerie that they have a picture of their plant at the top of each page... :(

G

·
An estimated one-third of the city’s businesses and industries were destroyed or heavily damaged by the tornado.

Arkat Feeds, a pet food production company employing 125 workers, was the first target of the storm. A pair of feed mills were left mangled, a warehouse was knocked down, and a number of tractor-trailer trucks were overturned and/or pelted with debris from the company’s buildings.

The loss of Arkat, one of the city’s leading employers, “will hit this town hard,” said worker Wayne Edwards of Lake Village.

Arkat hauling contractor Gary Alexander of Winchester called the scene at the facility “unbelievable.”
http://www.pbcommercial.com/articles/2007/02/26/news/news1.txt

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Video footage shows Arkat plant -- CLICK.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Arkat

Hi this is Dawn from Arkat the east coast sales rep.
Gary explained everything quite well on Arkat's plan.
I will pass on to the employees at the plant your prayers and well wishes.
If anyone has any questions don't hesitate to call me.

Sincerely,

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
Hi Dawn,

Thank you very much for your post.

I've tried phoning Rick and Cindy. The main number is obviously just ringing. I've left a voicemail at the only Cell number I have for Rick, which I believe is his wife's cell.

Arkat is RTF's exclusive petfood sponsor. I sure hope that the operations are back up and running as soon as possible.

Dawn, if you speak with Rick and Cindy, please let them know I was asking about them.

I'll try phoning you tomorrow during business hours.

Chris

·
Registered
84 Posts
Chris with speaking to Dawn earlier today, she said that the phones were out around Dumas as well as Cell Phones. Many of the people had to travel outside the area just to be able to get electric or phone.
Everyone is sounding positive that I have spoken to. Should be up and running in another facility sometime soon and they anticipate being able to produce the larger bags.
Ohh, the banner looks great.
Gary

·
Registered
18 Posts
ARkat

Saw pics of the plant tonite on the weather channel. I still can't believe the damage that it caused and no casualties. I feed Enhance by Arkat and wish everyone a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Crosspost from WaterDog:

I came across this post from J. Paul....

I have spoken with Rick Wohlschlager, President/CEO of Arkat a couple of times since the tornados swept through Dumas Saturday evening. According to Rick the physical plant was as devastated as these pictures show. However, that is the extent of the bad news.

The good news is that despite the damage to the area, all Arkat employees have been accounted for and all are fine. However, many of these people did suffer great losses to property. I know a number of these good folks personally and respectfully request that you keep them in your prayers.

As for Arkat the company, despite the fact that the physical plant has been destroyed the business reamains healthy. Rick tells me that the company was well insured and had long ago formulated a plan to continue business should a disaster of this magnitude occur. In just a few days production will commence at another facility under the oversight of the Arkat management staff. Mr. Keith Dodson, Arkat's Director of Quality Control, will personally monitor all products to guarantee that there is no loss of quality. This should allow for a smooth continuation of business, and it should insure that any shortages of product will be very temporary.

J. Paul Jackson
Team Arkat

·
Registered
19 Posts
Arkat's local news station

The local news station for Dumas online is:www.todaysthv.com
The Guardian Angel clip is our very own Brandy Lay.
Thank you once again for the support and prayers I have received in emails and phone calls today.

Sincerely,

·
Registered
652 Posts
Re: Arkat's local news station

dogfoodgirl said:
The local news station for Dumas online is:www.todaysthv.com
The Guardian Angel clip is our very own Brandy Lay.
Thank you once again for the support and prayers I have received in emails and phone calls today.

Sincerely,
Poor Dumas and poor Arkat. It's miraculous that no one was killed but the town surely has been decimated.

I hope Arkat survives - they are apparently a major employer, and although though I'm not a customer, I wish them well. Good for them for having the foresight to have a business continuity/business recovery plan. It can make all the difference, even when you think nothing could ever happen. And if you think that, something surely will.

Cautionary tale regards, Lydia

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Mr Booty said:
If you feed Arkat, you may want to see what is still available and stock up.
We are going to pick up ten 40# bags on Monday.

At a bag a week, that will buy us almost two and a half months.

·
Registered
84 Posts
As far as I know, Everything should be as usual on most supplies with the exception of the 8# bags. Check with the dealer but there shouldn't be a shortage anytime soon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts