RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yay! We will be crossing the line from WY in a few minutes. We are headed for the Treasure State double Hunt test in Butte. Tonight we should reach the Billings area. Anybody know of a nice camping area there for travel trailers?

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Yay! We will be crossing the line from WY in a few minutes. We are headed for the Treasure State double Hunt test in Butte. Tonight we should reach the Billings area. Anybody know of a nice camping area there for travel trailers?
Hey Carol!

I'm jealous..

I cant remember where Georgetown lake is from Billings or Butte.,, but it a beautiful place. Perty good fishin too..

Have fun.

Gooser.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
There are a few spots you can pull off the highway west of Billings on the river. Aired dogs there a couple times.

When you get to Butte be sure and check out the water just North of town off Anaconda Rd.....Hardly anyone uses it. If you get car sick at all the drive down to it might make you a little dizzy.. You'll be going around in circles for a long while..

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you stay overnight riverside on the road?

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Can you stay overnight riverside on the road?
It looked like a well used area? Maybe just fishermen? I dunno? Probably 25-30 miles West. Real pretty. Freeway off ramp, go across the tracks towards the river..

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shelby, we hope to stop near Billings tonight. At the test we will stay on the grounds. Paul I will look for that area.

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Justin, when is the closing and where is Island Park?

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, didn't get any sure fire places suggested for tonight, so we are camped in the Cabelas parking lot in Billings! Need I say this is an expensive place to stay?;-)

We visited the Little Bighorn Memorial today. It was beautiful and very moving.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Well, Smack dab in between Billings and Butte is Red Dog Ranch.
????

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What is it?

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Snow!

As we approached Butte, the rain that had followed us from Billings got a little flaky. It did not amount to much but it was a first for me, snow in June! The next surprise was finding most of the businesses in town closed up. We finally found lunch at a pizza place. Tomorrow I hunt groceries. I had seen stuff on the Internet about whole food/organic stores. Now after seeing how much is shut down will have to make do with Safeway or Walmart. Guess we won't eat too much while here;-)

We haven't met anyone yet, but I'm sure we will when we get out tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Glad that you got to see Little Bighorn. I think that they did a fantastic job on that site. I particularly like the Indian's monument Little Bighorn Battlefield NM  Indian memorial sculpture.jpg
(click on the picture to make it larger)

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Glad that you got to see Little Bighorn. I think that they did a fantastic job on that site. I particularly like the Indian's monument View attachment 7465
(click on the picture to make it larger)
I agree totally! I put a longer post up on face book about this and my husband posted some pics he took including one of the same sculpture as your photo. Sadly, I am totally stymied at trying to post pictures on the new RTF format. Maybe Ralph can do it later. But if you do FB, his photos are under his name, Ralph Howey.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Look at quick reply and where there are little boxes, Print size, smily faces, etc, and then some other items one that looks like a picture frame with picture of a tree. If you click on that it starts you on the path to posting pictures

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Justin, I looked it up. We are planning to be there. It's only 122 miles from here and I see a good friend will be there as well. Can't wait! I guess I will have to trek over to the Master stake to meet you!
So far the weather hasn't been great here. Rain, some snow, cold and cloudy. I hope I get to see some of that "Big Sky" before we leave!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts