RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I haven't been able to keep up with the blog. So my question to those following it more closely and have more trial knowledge than myself. Who is in the lead? Looks like Grady is making a strong showing. Again!
There are several contenders with 3 series to go, no one is "winning" yet, the dog(s) in good shape now who have outstanding work in the next 3 series will be the ones to consider. 9 will probably be monster water marks, still 30% of the trial left to run.

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
If we knew the answer to that none of us would be glued to our computers right now! :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
I think it is still early but i would love to be in Chad's shoes having those two clean bullets!!
Bobby

·
Registered
319 Posts
98 was spectacular in the third series and I am told he was spectacular in the seventh as well, only saw him in the third, don't know what else he has done
Could it be another Wisconsin dog on top? Who knows, but it's fun to speculate.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I like to think that any dog can win if they are still in. Go Marion Carey! I understand the OP's ?, there is definitely a fandful that look really good but there is 3 more series and we all know the old adage that applies to our game "from the penthouse to the $&@$ house" in one retrieve. Folks that are at the trial would probably change there picks at this point! Maybe someone there can tell us who they would pick/picks at this juncture on the trial?

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
If we knew the answer to that none of us would be glued to our computers right now! :)
I don't know whose winning yet either, but by accident I found out if you search in the upper left corner for a particular dog's name, it displays all the blogs for that dog on one page so you can see all the comments at once....like that feature..then you just hit the back arrow and it's back to the regular display

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just went back and looked at Grady and travelers reports. Looks like both are doing really good with a "small" hunt apiece in one of the early series. Not saying that they are the only ones hitting on all cylinders. Just the 2 that I took the time to look at. Both have had really good blinds thus far too. But at this level, we all know that every dog is capable of doing the work. Chad will take over the world if he has 2 back to back nafc's. Speaks volumes for Grady that him and his son are putting together a performance like this.

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
I just went back and looked at Grady and travelers reports. Looks like both are doing really good with a "small" hunt apiece in one of the early series. Not saying that they are the only ones hitting on all cylinders. Just the 2 that I took the time to look at. Both have had really good blinds thus far too. But at this level, we all know that every dog is capable of doing the work. Chad will take over the world if he has 2 back to back nafc's. Speaks volumes for Grady that him and his son are putting together a performance like this.

coming from someone who has been a fanboy,you might want to take a step back....a unbiased worker on the ground confirmed that Grady's first series was not a "small hunt"..I am sure Grady is having a great National, but after the 7th series so are 25 other dogs;)

as for Chad taking over the world...puhleeezzze....Chad is a great guy, from everything I have ever seen or heard about him, taking over the world is not in his plans, he comes across as one of the more humble down to earth kind of good guys in a world filled will self centered driven overachievers...Now the Grady fans may propel him to megastar status and he may well deserve that,and as someone predicted on another thread, Grady may become this next decades Lean Mac..only time will tell...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Come on guys. Some of you are so dry that you can't take a joke. I have had the Pleasure of talking to chad once very briefly. Not saying that I know him personally! In my comment "he will take over the world" I was merely referring to how often he is contacted for studding Grady! With 2 nafc's (hypothetically) he would be contacted more. I don't have inside information at the national so the blog is all I'm going by. Like I stated previously. I did not read every dogs, every series! There may be some doing better. But there are a lot that would love to be clean going into the 8th series. Impressive for someone like me who wouldn't even imagine having the oppertunity to be qualified for a national. Ease up guys.

G

·
Come on guys. Some of you are so dry that you can't take a joke. I have had the Pleasure of talking to chad once very briefly. Not saying that I know him personally! In my comment "he will take over the world" I was merely referring to how often he is contacted for studding Grady! With 2 nafc's (hypothetically) he would be contacted more. I don't have inside information at the national so the blog is all I'm going by. Like I stated previously. I did not read every dogs, every series! There may be some doing better. But there are a lot that would love to be clean going into the 8th series. Impressive for someone like me who wouldn't even imagine having the oppertunity to be qualified for a national. Ease up guys.
There are many of us who are realistic and realize that it's not over 'til it's over. That's the way we roll. We may have our favorites but even at a weekend trial we would never EVER speculate on who is going to win until the last bird is retrieved.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Well, see, now y'all jinxed him, Grady handled.

It ain't over til the last bird is in hand at the 10th. Anything else is just passing time speculating.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts