RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a thread on here a couple of months ago saying Augie had gone over 400 points; according to the RFTN I just recieved he has 165.5 Open points &186 Amateur for atotal of 351.5. He had 73.5 this year alone. He is currently 8 years old. Do you think he can catch Corky's 505.5 for first place or Cody for second place. I personally feel that age will catch him and leave him short; although I do believe that 351 present day points is every bit as impressive a feat as River Oaks Corky's 505.5 late 60's and 70's era points.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I am hoping for a good discussion -- after I told Cai Trzepacz last weekend Corky was going to be passed based on information I got on this site! :oops:

·
Registered
109 Posts
He was born 9/98 so he has three more years of trials before he's 11 and dogs have remained competitive to that ripe old age (for trialing that is) BUT many have not. I think it's, unfortunately, going to be a matter of health and how long he can run. He would have to average 50+ points a year if he ran until 11 or 77 points a year if he ran until 10. While he's certainly capable of that he has to stay healthy. Reminds me of Farve and some of the records he'll most likely break this year. I do think he can beat Cody (444 points), but corky…No Anybody know how old Corky was when he stopped running?

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Jason Gillette said:
Anybody know how old Corky was when he stopped running?
I was reading the RFTNs last night, and it seems to me he ran until he was 11 and died when he was 12.

·
Registered
270 Posts
John Ketzner aka Drakehaven brought up a serious contender for points.....Seaside's One Too Many CFC CAFC 79 open points this year and 13 amateur points this year. He is now with the Lardy camp.....look out Corky, Cody and Auggie. This dog is only 4 years old and John thought he had over 150 all age points in Canada. I don't care if they are Canadian points or not, that is unbelievably impressive. We need to keep our eyes on this dog. I'd really like to see him run.

·
Registered
317 Posts
All those points were from trials clear across Canada and not all from his local curcuit. He is a very nice animal and I am sure he will be in contention wherever he trials.

Mike

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Thanks Mike...now it will be known that I Jinxed Ralph.

I Think we should not whisper a word about that Creek so and so dog.
As we might jinx him. If I seem supersticious, that's because I am !!!
I am former hockey player...don't get no more jinxable than them boys.
________
M62

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
That's a VERY GOOD point Richard. Because if they were a combination of AKC & CKC then Petey would be the top All Age dog, not Corky. :?
________
X6 M

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Seasides one too Many

I have seen the dog run numerous times- a nice team with he and Ralph. I believe Ralph is a retired BC State patrolman (would that be a Mountie). Good people!
For you folks that throw down on the Canadian Ft's, drive on up, that bunch in Ontario is every bit as competitive as anything I have seen in the States. They may not have that flyer but the set-ups are technical and you better be able to count to 4.
I hope they do well in Mike's camp!
dave Kress

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
How about Hawkeye's Red White and Blue. He as a bunch of open points but will probably not be run in an amateur stake.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I will argue that Canadian trials aren't as competitive as US trials. Simply look at the caliber of dogs entered, the number of dogs entered and the fact that no live fliers are used. I personally had a QAA bitch that only managed a few open jams in the US but went to Canada one summer and received 3 open 3rds in 3 weekends. She even qualified for the National without a win. There are definetely some A-list pro and amateur caliber dog people up there.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
mikebeadle said:
John Ketzner aka Drakehaven brought up a serious contender for points.....Seaside's One Too Many CFC CAFC 79 open points this year and 13 amateur points this year. He is now with the Lardy camp.....look out Corky, Cody and Auggie. This dog is only 4 years old and John thought he had over 150 all age points in Canada. I don't care if they are Canadian points or not, that is unbelievably impressive. We need to keep our eyes on this dog. I'd really like to see him run.

Wasn't "Ralph" sold to Sherwin Scott? Didn't Mr. Scott enjoy modest success with another Canadian dog?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts