RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With due date (Mothers Day) approaching, I had an xray taken yesterday. She has gained 10.3 pounds since the day of breeding, is showing all the signs of a large litter. 9 days to whelp date. How many do you see?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Congrats Brother... A small herd!!!

Richard

·
Registered
921 Posts
Baby pics allready, what a proud papa. :)
Have fun with them John, they will be full blown terrorist in no time.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Baby pics allready, what a proud papa. :)
Have fun with them John, they will be full blown terrorist in no time.
Tim, with your vested interest in these babies, we can both smile. ;-)

·
Registered
678 Posts
JJaxon,

No one is trying to count the little rascals! Let's see, there was Darla, and Spanky, and Buckwheat, and Alfalfa, and Froggy, and Stymie, and Mary, and Butch, and Farina. So that would be nine little rascals!

As far as puppies are concerned I'm not sure, but maybe 7 or 8. What did the vet say?

Swack

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JJaxon,

No one is trying to count the little rascals! Let's see, there was Darla, and Spanky, and Buckwheat, and Alfalfa, and Froggy, and Stymie, and Mary, and Butch, and Farina. So that would be nine little rascals!

As far as puppies are concerned I'm not sure, but maybe 7 or 8. What did the vet say?

Swack
It was a better view on the monitor at the Vets office. Could clearly see (x) spines, and what appeared to be a few skulls hiding their spines due to positioning. I'm purposely not saying the # we think we saw, waiting to hear others input. A week from today is due date, then maybe we'll know.

·
Registered
7,630 Posts
I would guess, but I'm not too good at reading X-rays or ultrasound. When we saw the ultrasound of my son (almost 22 years ago), I pointed at what I thought was "male plumbing" and said "yep it's a boy". The doc looks at me and says, "yep, he's a boy, but that's his femur!!"

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I would guess, but I'm not too good at reading X-rays or ultrasound. When we saw the ultrasound of my son (almost 22 years ago), I pointed at what I thought was "male plumbing" and said "yep it's a boy". The doc looks at me and says, "yep, he's a boy, but that's his femur!!"
Now that's funny, Bill!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Don't make the mistake I made and assume all is ok with em and litter after birth. Take her ASAP to vet for shot of ptosin!!!my girl was doing good thn went downhill ASAP on day 3. Took her in as pups were going to get dew claws removed etc. She gad a 13th pup in uterus and made her septic. She didn't make it thru c section. Now I am raising pups every 3 hours on the hour.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
And the answer is.............................. 8 - Born last night. 3bf, 2bm, 2yf, and 1ym.

I have 1 bf available. See my post in lab , puppies. pics to come shortly.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Working on it. Cant get them to load b/c of zip file, or something like that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts