RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to have to have back surgery late this month. So, I will be out of action for 4-6 weeks.

Rowdy is so young he will weather my ordeal fine. I will still be with him almost everyday and my wife can do some Mertens training with him. And he and I will be able to go on walks and do some light yard work after about two weeks or so. The goal in recovery is to start walking immediately 5-10 minutes twice a day and build up to 45 minutes.

I worry about Hank as he is at a crucial stage in training now. We just started cold blinds about a week or so ago. But I have about two weeks before the surgery to continue to work on this.

The best spin on this is that July and August are our hottest months and I can take a break during this time.

·
Registered
12,599 Posts
No Wayne,
The best spin is you will feel better.
I got sliced 3 years ago. Life changing event!
Pain gone like clicking a light switch.
Had me up and on my feet hours after
The PT girls are truly demons from hell with all the stupid human tricks.
But if you do what they tell you, you will look back and be happy.
Best of luck

·
Registered
225 Posts
Good Luck. When I had back surgery the pain went away instantly. My only advice is to get off of the pain pills as soon as possible. My doctor handed them out like candy.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Good luck, Wayne, and wishing you a speedy recovery. I'll look forward to more videos once you're back on your feet.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Good luck Wayne. Keep us posted on your recovery.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Good luck with the surgery Wayne. Hopefully it will remove all of your pain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts