RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 Tritronics Bark Limiters that count the number of barks. I have used them sparingly. I started having a problem with one that wouldn't turn on no matter how you pushed the button. Then the other two started doing the same thing. My dads did the same thing. They, of course were out of their warranty period. When I called they said I could send them in and it was a problem with the on/off button. If I sent them in with $75 each they would look at them and most likely just send me new ones. Well if they know it's a problem why don't they fix the problem. I'm not happy. I haven't had the collars that long and although it's $20 cheaper than new collars, I shouldn't have to pay that if it's a design or manufacturing flaw. What's up Tritronics? Tritronics was the best customer service out there but I'm not the first one to complain about their products. I can't believe between my dad and I we have had 4 collars and all of them have the same problem. Anyone else with this problem and no help from Tritronics?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That bothers me even more because they said they were giving me a deal and it was $79 not $75 as I stated above. So, I wasn't getting any deal.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had the same problem with mine. Turns out if you replace the battery you can't tighten the screws down super tight. I called them and was told to loosen the screws a tad and voila! They are now working. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I had two and had the same issue. Sent them in with the fee and got new ones. Shortly after the warranty period ended mine know have the same issue. Someone passed on to me if you use the corner of the buckle and work the on/off button just right you can get them on and off. This has worked for me and both collars are still functioning for me. I agree that the on/off design should be fixed as this problem has been around for a while. I would also add that I have recently purchased 2 dogtra bark collars for when the tritronics craps out. I like TT's collars but won't be purchasing another TT bark collar unless they fix the issue.

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
They suck. Had the same problem with mine. I called and I think they wanted $60 to fix it. I spent the $60 on another brand that works.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Since everyone seems to be having issues with their tri tronics bark collar are y'all using Dogtra now? Just curious because I've been thinking about getting one.

·
Registered
7,431 Posts
I don't have any problems with my TT Bark Limiter. Only time it wouldn't come on was when after several years use the battery died and had to be replaced.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Mine havent had any issues. But I have heard others say the buttons had issues.

Except when trying to put in on the neighbor dog and get it back off the dog without them knowing...or getting bit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts