RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
The eyes on my head are side by side! I dont get how you guys shoot over udders! I have a couple, butI hold them sideways when I shoot! Here is a classic American made Jack handel SXS Winchester 21 my babay! Flinch's favorite gun.. Not Upland birds, but I got em jump shootin an irrigation ditch.. So,, kinda a "sit" to flush.. I call this pic, a "Double" and a "Brace"..
win21duck.JPG

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
Bottom eject Ithacas, send hot brass down my baggy shorts!

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
21 again! Planted Chuckers! Gasp! I was asked back however,, but for only 1 more time.... I think it was because it was my turn to buy doughnuts!!
FlinchUpland 2.jpg

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
GASP!!! More poultry!! :) I only have 1 front tooth now.. old picture..
Kick and shoot.jpg

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
Mornings limit of wild birds with the yellow huntin fool! Outa control maniac.. :)
No pictureof gun,,,, Lowly jethro'd 870 wingmaster!
IMG_0707 (2).JPG

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
Model 12 skeet, with a classic CLUTTS Compensator on the end of barrel! I NEVER get asked back if I bring this gun..

12 12 1 .jpg

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
Model 12 20 ga skeet ,,CLUTTS Compensator on this barrel too!
widg and gad.JPG

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
My duck boat
Canoe.jpg

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
That Yeller dog, and that boat. is what caused the accident,,,, It how I lost all my guns! Theys at the bottom of a lake! The dang dog wouldnt "Sit" BASICS BASICS BASICS! Ever last one of em!!!

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Spaniel guys use "hup" as a change direction/come in to let the dogs know where they (the handler) are, so the dog knows how far away is ok.
"Hup!" is spanielese for sit, and don't budge an iota until told otherwise - "Hup!" is the fundamental training command for spaniels as "sit' is to retrievers.

MG

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I have a Model 23 that I haven't tried out yet, but always found the 21s to be on the heavy side for a field gun. I do have a 20 ga Ithaca, made the year my dad was born, that I like. And a 16 and 20 ga of the Ithaca Classic Doubles, which was Steve Lamboy's short-lived company that licensed the Ithaca patent. But push comes to shove, I'll grab that FAIR 16 ga or a plain old Citori 20 ga Feather Lightening. I've got a 28 ga barrel for the Citori, too. I just shoot the O/Us better

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
I have a Model 23 that I haven't tried out yet, but always found the 21s to be on the heavy side for a field gun. I do have a 20 ga Ithaca, made the year my dad was born, that I like. And a 16 and 20 ga of the Ithaca Classic Doubles, which was Steve Lamboy's short-lived company that licensed the Ithaca patent. But push comes to shove, I'll grab that FAIR 16 ga or a plain old Citori 20 ga Feather Lightening. I've got a 28 ga barrel for the Citori, too. I just shoot the O/Us better
The 21's are heavy,, BUT,, If you get stuck in snow or mud, or have a flat tire,, and ya got a high lift truck jack,, them 21 barrels make a great heavy duty jack handel! Its much better than the cheepie harbor freight handel that comes with their jack! :) I'll say this.. I aint stoppin my swing with my 21! In fact,, I almost spin a circle!!

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
I dont carry it far! Flinch drives the truck down the ditch,, (BASICS) I shoot from the bed!! ya have to play the cards yer dealt!
Truck_Mike[1896].jpg

Reactions: Cold Iron

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
I shot the winders out,, shootin from the cab! :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
The eyes on my head are side by side! I dont get how you guys shoot over udders! I have a couple, butI hold them sideways when I shoot! Here is a classic American made Jack handel SXS Winchester 21 my babay! Flinch's favorite gun.. Not Upland birds, but I got em jump shootin an irrigation ditch.. So,, kinda a "sit" to flush.. I call this pic, a "Double" and a "Brace"..
View attachment 84979
Rut Ro! Your 21 is missing a trigger- quick get a refund!

Just kidding 3 out of my 4 SxS guns have single triggers. Double triggers are a pain with gloves in the cold. But do have their place IMO.

OK now my turn to be jealous. Both a 16 and 20 from Ithaca Classic Doubles?! One of these days I will end up with a NID in 16 when the right one comes along and has modern dimensions. Doubt I will ever end up with one of Steve Lamboy's guns. As mentioned I am rather fond of Ithaca's. And Tollers. And grouse.

Now have all 4 Gun Dog magazines with Tollers on the cover over the years. But an NID would be icing on the cake.

I have a M23 and agree the M21 is heavy for the field. And so is the M23. Mine is 28" 20 ga. and used it a lot on clays for a few years, shoot it as well as my B. Rizzini and Berretta target guns..

Left is a first year M21 with double triggers restored by Turnbull and custom stocked by Weing. Middle is restocked and restored M21, he has a 15.5" LOP which is why it is so tall. And my M23. AyA #2 in 16 ga. sitting in the back of my buggy. After getting the buggy couldn't afford a M21 LOL.

But in addition to sporting clays use it for grouse hunting and don't miss beating the heck out of my truck getting back into good cover. Built a dog box for it.

When Pacific Sporting Arms came out with the Dickinson Sporter picked up a 12 and put an ISIS recoil pad. If I am shooting a 12 I am using all the lead I can and shoot enough that I have to be careful to not start getting the yips again.

Like it enough that I picked up a 20 ga. With 30" bbls.

You should try out that M23, I really like mine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
41 - 60 of 85 Posts