RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone hunted with this gun? What do you think about it?

--Chuck

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Haven't seen one yet. I do Have an extrema 2 with the kick-off, love that gun. The kick-off really makes a difference when shooting the 3.5 heavy goose loads. I've always liked Beretta, also have a 491 that has lasted forever. I like how they incorporated the kick-off into the new model, in the stock rather than out the end, makes it look better, probably easier to fit it you have to cut the stock down. I wonder how it shoots. Might have to find someone to try it out, my gun safe always has room for one more ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Has anyone hunted with this gun? What do you think about it?

--Chuck
I love mine!! You can't tell the difference between a 3-1/2" 1550FPS and 2-3/4" Target load as far as kick back is concerned. I've shot a couple of cases 3-1/2" this past duck season and 5 or 6 cases at sporting clays and haven't had any troubles.
I've spayed it down a couple of times with gun scrub and cleaned it one time completely the other day.

Dale

·
Registered
890 Posts
I had one and sold it. It was a very nice shotgun, just not for me. If you're looking for a lightweight shotgun with low recoil, this one fits the bill. If you plan to do a lot of duck hunting with it or shoot 3.5 inch shells often, I would get the A400 Extreme instead.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I love mine!! You can't tell the difference between a 3-1/2" 1550FPS and 2-3/4" Target load as far as kick back is concerned. I've shot a couple of cases 3-1/2" this past duck season and 5 or 6 cases at sporting clays and haven't had any troubles.
I've spayed it down a couple of times with gun scrub and cleaned it one time completely the other day.

Dale
Stole the words right out of my mouth. Great gun.

I have put one 3.5, one 2 3/4, and one 3" of all different brands and pulled the trigger as fast as I could with no problems.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I had one and sold it. It was a very nice shotgun, just not for me. If you're looking for a lightweight shotgun with low recoil, this one fits the bill. If you plan to do a lot of duck hunting with it or shoot 3.5 inch shells often, I would get the A400 Extreme instead.
I just realized I goofed up my post. I had the A400 XPlor and you were asking about the Extreme. The Extreme is definitely the way to go if you plan on using it for duck/goose hunting and shooting 3.5's. I had the A400 XPlor and while it was a nice gun; it is more geared toward upland/wing shooting than waterfowl hunting IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts