RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting to gather info for a future breeding, and would really like to try and increase the offsprings marking ability. All things will be considered before making a finall selection for stud, but if you were going to choose a stud just based on marking ability who would you pick?

My female is out of FC AFC Candelwoods Court Jester and HRCH Sirrom's Dixie Belle.

Thanks in advance.
Jim

·
Registered
987 Posts
What is bitch's strengths and weaknesses ??? Does she handle well but can't mark her way to the truck??? Seriously what type of marker is she ??? More info needed before can give any advice re studs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Overall she is a really nice dog, runs hard on both marks and blinds, until we went to the grand she had exceptional line manners, but if I had to pick the one thing that I would really like to improve it would be marking. She tends to hunt a little bigger area than her mom and some of her siblings, or half siblings that I have trained.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Guess I would suggest the following studs:
Gates
Chopper
Carbon
Patton
FC AFC Sally's South Paw (Lefty) great marker

Personally, re: marking, I like anything with Sky Watch Radar, Quick (or Shadow), Abe, Harley, Itchin To Go, Lottie, Lean Mac, and Tanker. This is why I bought my BLM Maxx (and he's a good marker). His sire Click was great marker (believe he passed this onto son Surge (Jaybar's Click On).

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
When you pose any question just plan on the same responses...which you got.

Another couple dogs that might be prospects are Blackwater Rudy. I have a young dog out of him that is a pinpoint marker (on FT marks)...but then the dam is also a pinpoint marker (on FT or HT marks) and she is out of Watermark's the Boss.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Pin Point Marking

Try Viking if your female is yellow factored. You will not be dissapointed in the marking ability of his offspring.
Bobby

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
What would the female being yellow factored have to do with whether or not Viking pups would or wouldn't be good markers?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Viking great marker!

I have no doubt Viking offspring can mark hence the reason that I suggested breeding to him if she was yellow factored. If not yellow factored then breed to any of the incredible marking black dogs out there. Do you have nothing better to do than to question my opinion in giving a suggestion?
Bobby

·
Registered
221 Posts
Marking

You could. You would get outstanding marking pups. If she was yellow factored that would only be an added bonus in breeding to Viking!
Bobby

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have a young male out of Viking that has been with a pro for 5 months (he is now 14 months old) - he has been doing amazing marks since he was just over 8 months old. LONG FT marks with amazing accuracy :!:

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
Fact: My Cruise pup can mark a camoflauged duck at 500 yards. Will he behave well enough to pass the test????? But as a natural marker, Cruise has stamped his progeny.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
FC AFC Nick of Time Lone Ranger - Charlie Hines

Probably the best marking male I have ever seen.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts